Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

AKW70
New Community Member

I registrred with a UK number, but when I moved I cancelled my subscription. It seems to be hopeless to log into the account without an authenatication with a code that is sent to that old UK number which no longer excist. How do I solve this and being able to change country and phone number so I can acces my account. Thanks for advice if any possibilities. 

Login to Me Too

KC5555
New Community Member

So ridiculous! I can't log in and verify my identity, because I am trying to change my phone number to my mobile number, but PayPal gives me the message "that type of number is not supported." What?? It's just a US cell number! I can't get help by phone or text. Can anyone help me? 

Login to Me Too

Missymop
New Community Member

Help.  I am trying to log into my account,  it’s been a while since I have used it.   It says I have to authenticate with a code.  The telephone number it is calling is no longer in use and I can’t get into anything to change the number 

Login to Me Too

Thleeal
New Community Member

I can't manage to find a way to get in touch with PayPal.

My phone number with them is ancient and it needs to be updated before I can access my account.

Such a simple thing and I'm sure they must have a webform hidden away somewhere, why not just make it easier to contact a real person?

Login to Me Too

Jekaterina86
Contributor
Contributor

I can't go to my profile because the phone number associated with the account no longer exist

Login to Me Too

eus1623
Contributor
Contributor

Hi community !

Since about a month I've tried to log to my Paypal account. I received an error message like " we couldnt confirm it's you".

I've been calling Paypal customer service 10 times (and I don't include the calls received from technical support) ! with about 20min to more of doing the same operations to solve the problem each time with different guys making me do all the same stuff from start, during all a month.

They told me my account was blocked because my phone number didn't match the international dialing code of my account country ( I had this account since about 9 years) so the money on my account had to be moved to my bank account, my Paypal account closed and  I had to create a new account with new email adress.

One month later, since I got a bit upset after the 13th person I got on the phone: first part of the problem solved in fews hours.

Now I created the new account ( Réunion island account with reunion island international dialing code instead of France account).

Now: same problem with new account, already called customer service. After I entered email+password, still they can't confirm it's me. We remove and verfify phone number, bank details, identity... reset password etc...

So I'm supposed to spend an other month to call them and raise the voice at the 13th guy for the things to move a bit ...  ??? again ?

Part of the problem I'm never asked to enter any code from phone on the logging screen, I directly receive the error message. We tested the code receiving on phone and it works when the technical service send it to me.

Did someone had the same issue ?

Thanks for replies.

Login to Me Too

bdzgroup
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I don't know where to turn to so Im writing here my problem and hope pay pal staff can help me with this. I'm almost 3 months out of using my pay pal because when the new EU directive of authentication started I have an old mobile phone which I used in Bulgaria in old office and when I move out to the Sandanski area I get a new mobile phone from Telenor. Now when I try to login to my pay pal is asking me to send msg or make a call to the old phone and I can't change and put my new phone on which I have access. I tried everything with the old operator they already gave to somebody else and the worst part is that they are not using it. It off and when I tried to call on Bulgarian pay pal support phone numbers there is just automated answers that there is limited support because of Covid19.

I urge Pay Pal staff under this mine account to allow me to change and make new verification of my new mobile phone and start using my Pay Pal again.

I don't know how else to solve this issue.

Thanks and expect some good advice or 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bdzgroup 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rizzrips
Contributor
Contributor
I no longer have phone number associated with my account and cannot access it due to the two step verification. I have tried everything and cannot get a hold of PayPal via any of their platforms. The message Centre is down and when I call they hang up on me. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Login to Me Too

xdisarmx
New Community Member
I have money in my other account and I have no access to the phone number only the email can any staff help me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.