Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,984 REPLIES 4,984

Everestking
New Community Member
i also have this problem when i logged in to my account it says security check i confirm my email using a code then it requires me my phone number which i dont have anymore it really annoys me considering i have money inside that account
Login to Me Too

Derrick851
New Community Member
Can't login to paypal it's requires a phone number i No more use.
Login to Me Too

Aku282828
New Community Member
Sir I can’t receive the code number for my PayPal., Since PayPal sending to our old phone number.
Login to Me Too

BBuncio
Contributor
Contributor
This really ridiculous, my old account is almost a decade old , now I reopened it to start my business online payment on foreign costumers , also added a new number and yet the there's a security prompt that is sent on my old sim card which is already gone . how TF can I open my old account if it's sending a security code on my old phone number and there's no other way to open the account it's like a deathtrap where there is no solution because the problem is the service provider
Login to Me Too

hmrmx
Contributor
Contributor

So basically, I have an old account with a number that I don't have access to anymore, but I have the email for it, so I was able to reset my password and when I login it says that it needs my number for onetime code, then I clicked "Having trouble logging in?"  but it can only send a text to my number, I have no problem at all to delete the account with my email, I just need to make an account with the email, I tried contacting support, but it was so hard, and I couldn't do it, so I had to post a question, anyway, please help 

sorry if my English was bad

Login to Me Too

Michael837
New Community Member
I can't login to My account because I changed the phone number. How I can change phone number? Only called to PayPal?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michael837 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tasty1
New Community Member
Hello everyone, I losted my phone number, actually I can into my account if someon can help me, will be great. Thank
Login to Me Too

Yacind
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I am having an issue in signing in as i am not using anymore my old phone number because i left my previous country Hungary and now i am in Algeria Vodafon HU not working here, is there any way to change it by and get verified by email thanks

Login to Me Too

Lei_0228
New Community Member
Lost phone, paypal is asking for phone verification. Unable yo received code since phone was lost, please help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.