Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

Caffmcd
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue, changed number since I last used PayPal and can't get past the 2 step authentication. Their advice says to change number in settings which you can't do without logging in which is the issue in the first place, tried using the online chat option for help but was asked to log in again
Login to Me Too

Dj_alil
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Everytime i try to log into paypal it askes me to enter the security code sent to my phone number, however i changed my phone number so i basically cannot log in now. I read how this PSD2 works and apparently i can verify by email or phone number. But when i try it only shows me the phone number option. I cant even directly message paypal customer service about this because it asks me to log in and verify with my phone number,

Keep in mind i can access my email and i know my basic log in details.

Login to Me Too

yblee1103
New Community Member
I am using different phone number and can not find a way to get confirmation code. Is there any way to resolve this problem?
Login to Me Too

Salle989
Contributor
Contributor
Good day. I wonder how I can change the phone number because I can't report. When I can enter the security code when they send her to the phone is not the right number because I changed it. Thanks for the answer
Login to Me Too

PetikLozik
New Community Member

I can't login to my old acount without phone verification form my old phone number. After month of tryings to figure out this problem i created this new acount to tryed find help here. I tryed everything... downloading the app to phone, another browser, changing the password severaltimes, customer services is not aviable, i cant even send them message.

Actually... I did send them one message and they send me answer to my old paypal acount. To my email acount they wrote to log in to acount to read message with solution.

Help me please somehow.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PetikLozik 

Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

OR
 Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

officialslooth
Contributor
Contributor

im unable to log in because its forcing me to get a code from a phone number i dont have anymore. how can i get around this?

Login to Me Too

channa99
New Community Member

Dear reader,

Big problem. Trying to log in in my PayPal, but this asks for verification through SMS or a call. Since I lost my SIM-cart and have a new number; this is impossible. How to log-in and change my phone number?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Lucyjones2
New Community Member
I am told that I need to receive a code to be able to log in and use my PayPal, however the phone number registered is my old one and I can’t not log in to change it to my new one as it keeps showing about needing to send the code???
Login to Me Too

Clairkst
New Community Member
My other half changed phones and his # because he keeps going through the security Challenge and then back to it again it's like an unending Circle
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.