My Paypal account was closed by technical error.

smilingshark
New Community Member

I tried to convert a business account to a personal account on the preference tab but there was an error on the web.

error.jpg

paypal_issue.jpg

And then, I got the email from Paypal that my account was closed.

I still have some large amount of balance in it and I didn't close my account, it was an technical error from Paypal.

And I can't access my Paypal account so I signed up with the email that I used in Paypal before.

How can I get back my balance?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @smilingshark

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you've experienced when trying to downgrade your PayPal account. PayPal Customer Support can only downgrade business accounts; it cannot be done online. This leads me to believe you might have accidentally been in the close account area instead. A closed account cannot be reopened, so you'll want to create a new account with the email you were using. Additionally, an account cannot be closed if you have a balance, so it most likely was recently transferred to a linked bank or spent. For further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to Customer Support here

I hope this helps to clarify what may have happened. 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.