Some Options to the ridiculous 21 day hold.

cs32cj23
Contributor
Contributor

I, like hundred's even thousands of others am past my limit with this ridiculous policy. I started a topic months ago "IM not going to ship items until the hold is released". Well since then horror stories have poured in, I get at least 20 responses a day on it, Papal acting like the SS Storm Troopers of the virtual void and freezing accounts as a result of speaking up, complaining about this policy. Well it appears paypal has no intention at all of changing this policy. Why should they? The greedy big-wigs sit back and collect millions in interest every single DAY on our money that they hold until a lazy or inconsiderate buyer decides to leave positive feedback. Or 21 days, whichever comes first. If you notice though, Papal takes their fees out right away.

I went with First Data Merchant Services to accept credit cards, They give you a free online shopping cart, a terminal to process credit cards, and a few other really cool perks. They charge 2.19% + .25 cents per transaction. It is sent directly to your account. THEN you send the item. Like the rest of the normal world. You want something, you pay for it, it gets sent to you. For f**ks sake, it is such BS. And I have had it. There is a class action lawsuit being filed against Paypal, they are violating the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Since they aren't a bank, they don't have to follow any of the regulations that financial institutions have to follow if they are holding your money.

I truly hope that some day Papal comes to their senses, its not fair and not right. WE have the power in numbers as consumers, but we have to act and unite to bring them to their knees. They obviously are not concerned with customer satisfaction. I for one will not use Pay pal as soon as I can make the transition. Not for selling. Let me know what you think!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

meowmorrigan

I would like to be involved in any sort of lawsuit that might be coming out of this... this insane hold thing makes it insanely easy for buyers to scam sellers aswell.  I've been scammed because of this hold thing.  After my current funds are released, I'll no longer be using paypal.  But I can't remove my bank account or card information... how do I do that?!

Login to Me Too

Earthgirl1914
I'm done with this crap too! After my funds are released ($760), I will not be using PayPal. We will be going back to accepting money orders instead. Right now my husband is on unemployment. The bills are not being met as it is and this money is needed desperately. I explained all this to the representative at PayPal to no avail. Previously they did release funds before a positive or delivery confirmation "as a one time courtesy". I have 85 Feedback-all positive, never a negative. I've been selling on Ebay and using Paypal off an on for 6 years now with no negative incidences!! And we commonly sell this particular type of merchandise. **bleep** 'em, I'm done!
Login to Me Too

jstagirl24
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, i just listed one item and ill see how it goes, im going to list a few more too. sounds like you found a good thing. how do you publicize it though??

Login to Me Too

tebo15
Contributor
Contributor

I agree 100%.......i don't understand how they can hold our money when the items have already been paid for and delivered!!!!!!!  I was told when i called to question this that they had to wait 3 days after delivery confirmation...what a crock of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Glad to know that i am not the only one ticked off by this stupid policy..

Login to Me Too

jstagirl24
Contributor
Contributor

stratman7000
Contributor
Contributor

<<<<<<< I will never use paypals services I'll express my anger in spanish  -no usare esta chingadera mas. Esta mierda de paypal ni del Ebay..... There I feel much better how do you like that paypal

Login to Me Too

x48ziggy
Contributor
Contributor

Paymate folks... This does work have switched to it recently. There is some differences.  It is somewhat slower.

But much faster than paythiefs up to 21 day hold. I also have not heard of paymate putting sellers money on 180 day hold due to some fake excuse of a mysterious violation. You can still ship worlwide without paythief.

The only problem I have run into is some buyers are not familiar with paymate. This creates a trust with their money or credit card issues. I just explain paymate is another ebay authorized paymate method.  I also explain paythiefs new steal a sellers cash for awhile policy..... Some folks are ok with it some are not. I still have paypal for this reason. So I just send them a new invoice with the paythief method of payment checked. Then I have to wait for that cash of course, but it keeps everyone happy. And you must keep everyone happy because your feedback depends on this and your business depends on your feedback. I also have paythief so I can still print and pay for shipping labels. I still use paythief, but have really limited my funds going there as much as I can. I believe the more sellers that go to paymate the better the site will become. More than likely they have a great surge of new seller accounts due to paypals brainy idea to put sellers money on hold to protect the buyer.. Even if you have the best feedback and customer relations possible. Also I transfer as much as I can from paypal as quickly as I can. This for two reasons. One to limit paypal from using anymore of my funds than I need to keep in that account. The second reason is you never know when a new policy will come up. Like we are going to keep your money forever and you cant do anything about it..... If I can help anyone or anwser any questions feel free to email me x4824ziggy @ yahoo . com.....

Goodluck Everyone, Dennis (ebay id x48ziggy)

Login to Me Too

jstagirl24
Contributor
Contributor

please repost as many times as necessary  TRY AUTHORIZEDOTNET

Login to Me Too

my2cents
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know how to join the class-action lawsuit

Login to Me Too

THREEWEEKS

21 FN DAYS??? MY ACCOUNT IS ON THIS IDIOTIC HOLD ALSO! THEN THEY SEND ME MY EBAY BILL!! I HAD TO GET  'VERIFIED' GAVE THEM MY BANK ACCOUNT AND HAD TO WAIT DAYS FOR IT TO WORK! I FINALLY GOT IT CONFIRMED AND I SOLD ITEMS AND I CANT EVEN USE MY FRIGGIN MONEY!! THIS **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.