Some Options to the ridiculous 21 day hold.

cs32cj23
Contributor
Contributor

I, like hundred's even thousands of others am past my limit with this ridiculous policy. I started a topic months ago "IM not going to ship items until the hold is released". Well since then horror stories have poured in, I get at least 20 responses a day on it, Papal acting like the SS Storm Troopers of the virtual void and freezing accounts as a result of speaking up, complaining about this policy. Well it appears paypal has no intention at all of changing this policy. Why should they? The greedy big-wigs sit back and collect millions in interest every single DAY on our money that they hold until a lazy or inconsiderate buyer decides to leave positive feedback. Or 21 days, whichever comes first. If you notice though, Papal takes their fees out right away.

I went with First Data Merchant Services to accept credit cards, They give you a free online shopping cart, a terminal to process credit cards, and a few other really cool perks. They charge 2.19% + .25 cents per transaction. It is sent directly to your account. THEN you send the item. Like the rest of the normal world. You want something, you pay for it, it gets sent to you. For f**ks sake, it is such BS. And I have had it. There is a class action lawsuit being filed against Paypal, they are violating the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Since they aren't a bank, they don't have to follow any of the regulations that financial institutions have to follow if they are holding your money.

I truly hope that some day Papal comes to their senses, its not fair and not right. WE have the power in numbers as consumers, but we have to act and unite to bring them to their knees. They obviously are not concerned with customer satisfaction. I for one will not use Pay pal as soon as I can make the transition. Not for selling. Let me know what you think!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

tygoreye
Contributor
Contributor

Who copies and pastes their original post?? Honestly sounds like someone just trying to get people all riled up and advertise for First Data Merchant to me....

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there! Thanks for the info on first data! Are you staying with ebay? I am moving to

ioffer because I thought ebay and paypal were the same. Do you know? Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Louisajr7676
Contributor
Contributor

No I not going to change to this other auction sites,since no one knows them.

Login to Me Too

Louisajr7676
Contributor
Contributor

Amem. If any one knows of any legal authorities out there to complain to, please let me know.

Login to Me Too

WALKUPandDEAL
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been hit with the 21 day hold....Paypal has not bothered to reply to my emails after I have submitted "proof of delivery"

Simply Supply & Demand!  If you wont supply MY money when I demand it! I will move on!!

I found it was not a hassle to find another company that didnt make me jump thru hoops to get my money.

I have joined PayMate and now offer it on Ebay (without offering Paypal)  - their standard acct. has NO monthy fee & they charge 2.9%+ .50 per transaction but YOUR money does NOT get placed in a seperate acct, it gets transferred right to your bank acct. (AS IT SHOULD)

I have also joined the Ebid auction site as a selling aid since Ebay has placed my ads in a lower search bracket because I will not conform....anyhow (Ebid is sooo nice)  it dosent have very many buyers (YET) but when this **bleep** storm settles I would guess their numbers will increase by huge quantities like PayMate has....(look under Ebay forum in the Paypal section) alot of info there from people.

On the Ebid site I use the Google Checkout which is now taboo with Ebay....By the way, on the Ebid site I found it better to open a store there and list my items as "buy it nows"  till they get a little bigger - no extra fees to just run them forever

(If you build it they will come, hmmmmm)

Folks let us not forget one important thing....Us, Ebay Sellers asked to use Paypal, WE made them the huge POS that they are & we can also make another company just as big & popular!

WE can also cut the oh so popular giant to their knees when they get too big for their britches!!

Login to Me Too

Louisajr7676
Contributor
Contributor

I Decided to sell as is and give my own buyers guarantee.

Login to Me Too

Louisajr7676
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent

Login to Me Too

Thanksfornothin
Contributor
Contributor

I just had this hold placed on my account. I have 100% feedback, 4.8 or better on all my DSR's and have never had a dispute filed and I think I refunded once or twice in the last 4 or 5 years. According to the ever so helpful customer service department, the hold was placed because I had a "spike" in sales in the last 60 days and they have to assure that I don't have a "spike" in disputes. Well, duh, I have a spike in sales 'cause it was Christmas! And the spike was 16 items instead of 6. I am a small hobby seller but this is my only income right now. I was told that a one-time courtesy release could be done to cover shipping and that funds would be release within three days of delivery confirmation.

Well, big whoopie. I now have to pay extra for confirmation, with money I don't have, for items that are below $250 and mostly below $50. I can understand protecting buyers, but for a small seller with low priced items, this certainly feels unjust. If I had a bad track record or sold high priced items, I could understand it better. But I feel that Ebay and Paypal are just taking advantage of small sellers - their primary sources of business. As small sellers, we have fewer resources than those with stores or high volume sellers. Are they doing this to them, as well? I doubt it.

I, for one, will be deserting Ebay and Paypal for good. I have had it. I will put my little resources into Etsy and Artfire and will be looking into Amazon and Google for my other items. There is also Craig's list and Overstock.com. I don't know much about them but I will be finding out. I will be leaving Ebay and Paypal for good. Maybe there will be enough of us to make an impact and force them to review their policies, but I doubt it. I will be in worse financial straits than ever for a while, but I will find an alternative and I will succeed without them.

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thanks for Nothin! I am in the same situation as you, had a really good standing,pts,etc.

I do believe as you do, I think they are trying to force small sellers out now that they have

seen how much more they get from big sellers they have recruited in the past year. Car

dealers, real estate, canned art, etc. I also have left and I am on etsy and ioffer. Best of

luck to you. I have a fantasy that they (ebay paypal) crash and burn. They started with small

sellers like us, decent sellers that just needed additional funds. Now they kick us in the

teeth! Best of luck to you in your new home!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.