Some Options to the ridiculous 21 day hold.

cs32cj23
Contributor
Contributor

I, like hundred's even thousands of others am past my limit with this ridiculous policy. I started a topic months ago "IM not going to ship items until the hold is released". Well since then horror stories have poured in, I get at least 20 responses a day on it, Papal acting like the SS Storm Troopers of the virtual void and freezing accounts as a result of speaking up, complaining about this policy. Well it appears paypal has no intention at all of changing this policy. Why should they? The greedy big-wigs sit back and collect millions in interest every single DAY on our money that they hold until a lazy or inconsiderate buyer decides to leave positive feedback. Or 21 days, whichever comes first. If you notice though, Papal takes their fees out right away.

I went with First Data Merchant Services to accept credit cards, They give you a free online shopping cart, a terminal to process credit cards, and a few other really cool perks. They charge 2.19% + .25 cents per transaction. It is sent directly to your account. THEN you send the item. Like the rest of the normal world. You want something, you pay for it, it gets sent to you. For f**ks sake, it is such BS. And I have had it. There is a class action lawsuit being filed against Paypal, they are violating the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Since they aren't a bank, they don't have to follow any of the regulations that financial institutions have to follow if they are holding your money.

I truly hope that some day Papal comes to their senses, its not fair and not right. WE have the power in numbers as consumers, but we have to act and unite to bring them to their knees. They obviously are not concerned with customer satisfaction. I for one will not use Pay pal as soon as I can make the transition. Not for selling. Let me know what you think!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

bozcoinc1

I, like the rest of you, am very angry about this new policy.  I went to withdraw money from my account several days ago to pay my rent.  Due to my hours being significantly cut at my job, I began selling mine and my friends old belongings on ebay to make some extra cash.  I found out that I could not withdraw the money as planned, and now have to pay a late fee for not paying my rent on time.  I have the money...I just can't touch it until paypal decides to release it.  After I read paypal's reasoning for the hold, I found that there is no reason for my money to be held.  I have 100% feedback and have had no claims against me.  I had to refund a buyer one time because a package disappeared en route.  I have no idea what is going on and I am very angry.

Where can I find information about this class action?  I can show damages.

Login to Me Too

airdefender
Contributor
Contributor

I have 100% feedback, been on eBay since 1999 and never had a problem with PayPal.  Now they are making interest on my money, including the shipping fee which really has me PO'd, for 21 days for no reason.

I am done with eBay and done with PayPal, nothing will change until they lose enough business.

Does anyone know if anyone with decision-making authority at eBay or PayPal reads these boards?

Login to Me Too

imacsal
Contributor
Contributor

I have 100% feedback and they placed a hold on a $355 product I sold. Are you serious? A check via snail mail is a lot faster than that pay pal. Get real. You collect interest, and in the meantime, if the buyer selects to complain, the buyer has my product , paypal/ebay has my money, and I have nothing.

I have used ebay and paypal for 6 years. I AM DONE WITH THESE CROOKS.

Login to Me Too

sultan4444
Contributor
Contributor

riversedge
Contributor
Contributor

We use several logins on ebay.  Two of the three have hundreds of positive feedback.  One, representing our actual retail location, has only 7.  I NEVER DREAMED Paypal would do something like put a hold on funds that my buyer has sent.  I would have used one of the other ebay names had I known about this, and you would think they would be able to link the users and use THAT feedback when the same party is involved.  I sold two valuable paintings at a discounted price so that we could meet this month's bills.  Now, we can't pay those bills because Paypal is holding OUR money!

From now on its cash or money order.  Paypal is unethical if not downright crooked.

Login to Me Too

Tommymb
Contributor
Contributor

That' way Ebay no longer lets you accept cash or money orders they only want you to use Paypal which is part of Ebay now so the have complete control over all transaction not to mention they make more money buy using Paypal.

Login to Me Too

WALKUPandDEAL
Contributor
Contributor

Check out Paymate..I have been only accepting payments from Ebay thru them and it is working out GREAT!

Buyers can pay with any credit card thru them & they are Recognized by Ebay.

Login to Me Too

x48ziggy
Contributor
Contributor

I have signed up for paymate. I am phasing paypal out of my listings completly. It is tough to get them completly otu, cause they (Ebay) doesnt want that. They are trying to run a monopoly. This should be illegal. I think the only way it is not is that they offer paymate and a couple other "approved methods of payment". The only real problem I have encountered is I ship worldwide. Without paypal (PayThief) I am told by Ebay that I cannot ship to Canada, Australia, France, United Kingdom and a few others. Canada is a big buyer for me. I am trying to get around this but with no success yet. I think this can be done with a merchant that you can accept credit cards. If anyone needs help or wants to help me figure out the worldwide shipping without paythief. Please feel free to email me at x4824ziggy @ Yahoo .com

Goodluck Everyone & God Bless

Dennis (ebay id x48ziggy)

Login to Me Too

WALKUPandDEAL
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there Ziggy,

After reading your post I had to tell you my deal with the whole Paymate deal and international shipping...I was really bummed out when I first changed over my ad listings and discovered the no shipping option to Canada,UK & Australia...75% of my buyers are from there.

But....

My first sale using Paymate (and ONLY offering Paymate) was from a buyer from Canada - BTW He never contacted me regarding payment or shipping, He just used the "Buy it Now' and paid. No fuss No muss

I use the shipping calculator & Explain International shipping in my listings....When I reviewed my ads they dont exclude any countries & the calculator gives all the countries their shipping rate.

Soooo Fear not 🙂  Paymate All the Way!

Login to Me Too

x48ziggy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info... Do you have the worldwide box checked or do you just mention it in your listings and use the calculator? Thanks Again.  Do you print your labels through paypal still or how have you addressed this problem. I figured I would still keep paypal only for that. I ship so much I still want to print my labels at my shop. I have not sold anything that has been paid for through paymate. So it is still a new experience. I am sure it all can be figured out with some persistence and imagination..... Thanks again for any help you can give.. Regards, Dennis

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.