Trying to dispute scam sale from Onhui Technology Co. Ltd.

PhilippaSnow
New Community Member

I bought a lamp from a Chinese company who have a legitimate-looking website that accepts PayPal payments, but go under the name of Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd. for transactions — they have just delivered me a $5 USB plugin light rather than the $30 lamp I was expecting.

The problem was, when it didn't arrive I disputed it and they gave me a tracking number. I understand now that they must have posted this cheap little light in order to have a tracking number to provide me with so I'd see a package was on its way to me and close the dispute. When I tried to raise an issue I was only given the options of "unauthorised activity." I've filed under this as I can also see there have been numerous attempts to add gift card addresses since my purchase with Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd, but I still want the refund. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Login to Me Too
145 REPLIES 145

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
Hi sorry I did reply with the postal address but it has just been removed from PayPal as it says I breached their rules , the address was similar to yours apart from the strange middle bit in yours , maybe you could go bk and ask paypal again
Login to Me Too

Carbria
Contributor
Contributor

I did go back to the chat box and ask again, but I think they have gone home! I've just tried to put the address again....

Login to Me Too

Carbria
Contributor
Contributor

I have a seller e mail address and they offered me a 40% refund which I refused. They upped it to 70% and I still refused. Their email address is <removed> I am so cross at myself for falling for it, tbh. But thanks for trying to help. 

Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
They did the same to me offered me 40 percent which I refused then they said 80 but that I had to close the dispute first , I wasn't getting caught again so I'm chasing this to the end
Login to Me Too

Carbria
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. I am so cross with myself for falling for it and so incensed that they are scamming people and PayPal - and Facebook - are doing nothing about it. 

Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
I have had conversations with PayPal on chat about this and all I can do is follow the process they give me , I did email Facebook but got no responce from them
Login to Me Too

Lauracm2020
Contributor
Contributor

I am a victim of this scam too! Today I had to spend Further  19$ To send back the cheap and crappy item I received instead of my order. I find this unacceptable even by pay pal who have not been helpful at all in spite of all claims of fraud and scam this company is doing!
will keep everyone posted if I get refunded . So far I guess none had this luck?

Login to Me Too

Carbria
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Paypal are not being at all helpful. I cannot believe that they are just allowing these scammers to get away with it. They will refund you up to £15 of postage, but that does not help if your postage is more than that. 

This is definitely a case of fraud. Perhaps we should all make an official complaint. I am on the action fraud website right now, putting in a complaint. I am also waiting for a call back from customer services at PayPal. They are not handling this well. 

Login to Me Too

Nickaleh
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed as well. I lodged a complaint with PayPal and managed to get my money back after 3 weeks. So it is a matter of time and pursuing your claim and should get sorted. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Carbria
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. It has been many weeks. The scammers keep dragging out the time for reply to the last minute, and now it is actually on the last day, but PayPal have just extended it for another 14 days. Of course, there is no way that the parcel will get there in that time, and since there is no street name or building number in the address, the parcel can not be delivered anyway! Paypal really have this all wrong. 

I just discovered that there is a real company called Anhui Technology! They've got a good reputation by the looks of it. The fact that Onhui says they are based in Anhui suggests that they are trying to take advantage of Anhui's good name. I got Anhui's details from their website by googling it, and have sent them an email suggesting that they might want to take action against Onhui. I have also reported the scam as fraud on the actionfraud website. Maybe if we all do that, they will investigate? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.