Trying to dispute scam sale from Onhui Technology Co. Ltd.

PhilippaSnow
New Community Member

I bought a lamp from a Chinese company who have a legitimate-looking website that accepts PayPal payments, but go under the name of Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd. for transactions — they have just delivered me a $5 USB plugin light rather than the $30 lamp I was expecting.

The problem was, when it didn't arrive I disputed it and they gave me a tracking number. I understand now that they must have posted this cheap little light in order to have a tracking number to provide me with so I'd see a package was on its way to me and close the dispute. When I tried to raise an issue I was only given the options of "unauthorised activity." I've filed under this as I can also see there have been numerous attempts to add gift card addresses since my purchase with Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd, but I still want the refund. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Login to Me Too
145 REPLIES 145

Ke2dge
Contributor
Contributor
I’m trying to find their address (written in English) so I can return my item and claim costs back through PayPal
Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
When paypal asked me to return they gave me the address is Chinese so I went on the chat app and they transfered it to English so try that x
Login to Me Too

Lauracm2020
Contributor
Contributor

I have both addresses in Chinese and English The English one does not make sense and does not match the address listed in the package when I received the cheap item ( instead of the one I ordered) address to return says :<removed>So dodgy.... and so different from the one the pretend item was sent from... no wonder other packages we send back to this dodgy company we’re both received’ All this company does is a fraud and I’m too disappointed on PayPal for not taking serious action!!

Login to Me Too

Carbria
Contributor
Contributor

I am also trying to find their address in English. The one that Paypal have provided has been translated by a weird translator and the package will never get there. I am so cross, because payal can obviously see the we have all been scammed but are doing nothing about it! My parcel eventually came from the UK! I ordered dishwasher and got a nozzle of some sort. I am $50 down and ready to scream at someone. Facebook should not allow these ads and PayPal should step-in and not allow the purchases - or give a scam warning. 

Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
I went onto PayPal chat and asked them to translate it for me they were really helpful with any questions I asked , mine is on its way bk to China and hoping a positive outcome will come from this
Login to Me Too

Carbria
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal gave me an address that was already translated, but it is full of nonsense. Do you happen to have the address, please? 

This is what paypal gave me! 

<removed> after breaking the building natural village of <removed>???

Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor

<removed> This is what I was given

Login to Me Too

GC604
Contributor
Contributor

K the resolution I've come to is got a refund of $26.98 which is $8.00 less than the sales price. I contacted the seller and basically they've got me jammed. Therefore, I took the liberty $8.00 loss and didn't ship the garbage back. For the people saying they'll get reimbursed for shipping by PayPal good luck. It's such a hassel. <removed> site is the seller email I contacted for the refund. Write all your purchase details within the initial email. I have to write the email like this in order to post it but its all actually together It's a big scam but it's better to loose less at the end of the dayn

Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
I got my PayPal shipping refund within 24 hours , glad you got some of your money back , my package is on the way bk and being tracked so hoping for a positive outcome after all this hassle
Login to Me Too

Carbria
Contributor
Contributor

Fingers crossed for you! What was the shipping address you used, please? The one that PayPal supplied will definitely not reach them! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.