Trying to dispute scam sale from Onhui Technology Co. Ltd.

PhilippaSnow
New Community Member

I bought a lamp from a Chinese company who have a legitimate-looking website that accepts PayPal payments, but go under the name of Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd. for transactions — they have just delivered me a $5 USB plugin light rather than the $30 lamp I was expecting.

The problem was, when it didn't arrive I disputed it and they gave me a tracking number. I understand now that they must have posted this cheap little light in order to have a tracking number to provide me with so I'd see a package was on its way to me and close the dispute. When I tried to raise an issue I was only given the options of "unauthorised activity." I've filed under this as I can also see there have been numerous attempts to add gift card addresses since my purchase with Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd, but I still want the refund. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Login to Me Too
145 REPLIES 145

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
I have opened a dispute against them tonight too , I ordered 15 shoes boxs and today after waiting over a month recieved a cheap watch ! Their company is showing up as not available anymore either
Login to Me Too

Porkchopjac
Contributor
Contributor
Having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM RIGHT NOW!!!! Ordered 40 shoe boxes and after over a month I got a cheap watch! PayPal keeps giving them more time and more excuses to not refund my money. These people need to be stopped. They provide a tracking number when a claim is filed just to extend the time they’re given to no refund the purchase. They know the item being shipped is garbage 2 cent watch or some other crappy thing. It’s unreal that we can’t get immediate refunds from PayPal. We put our trust in them and all I’ve gotten for weeks is excuses and extensions. I sent a picture of the package I got today and the original order to clearly show it was a scam and they say they’ll give the merchant 10 more days to “respond”. When I email the merchant at the address I found they just respond in broken English with some robotic garbage.
Login to Me Too

Jdurky
I also ordered the 40 shoe box storage system, but instead I received a massive pair of silicone veruca type socks.
Login to Me Too

ML_25
Contributor
Contributor
I was wondering what those were and why I got them in the mail. So angry, but it’s helpful to know I’ve been scammed. The site felt fishy tbh...it was an ad on facebook! How can they let that company advertise there??
Login to Me Too

bossldy5

OMG me too. I got a couple little cheap trinkets is what i thought. Only to one time look at the tracking number on the package and see that it matched the one for the tricertop toy that i was waiting for. SMH

Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
I have since been in contact with the seller over the last few days who tried to offer me 40 percent refund and to keep the item , I told them I would be reporting them for fraud and wanted my money back , they again offered 40 percent saying how long and difficult the process would be to return the item so I tried to compromise and said I wanted an 80 percent refund as didnt think I would get it via PayPal and they have reluctantly agreed and said it will be through in 3 days so we will see if it happens, I have also reported the selling page to Facebook
Login to Me Too

CwSuperman

I also got scammed by these folks so I decided to have some fun with them

[removed]

Login to Me Too

Lauracm2020
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem and PayPal is not helpful at all! Ordered a bar set for my son and received a 2$ awful flask PayPal wants me to pay to return and won’t refund! I’m soo disappointed and unable to contact pay pal as well I thought I could trust pay pal but it appears they are allowing scams more and more! What have you done to resolve ( noting that pay pal doesn’t !!!!!!!!!!) Tks
Login to Me Too

Temp20201122
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me, in this case I got a rubber protector for shoes. However paypal is asking me to return the product to an address in China. When the shipment was made from the US.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.