Getting money back from Ebay

PikaBelle25
Contributor
Contributor
Long story short, I bought a dress through a seller on ebay, dress never came as the tracking I was given went to another state. Contacted seller and they admitted its their fault. Since it said delivered I couldn't do anything through ebay and started a claim on paypal to get my money back. The seller wants to give me my money back but for some reason can't through ebay cause I opened a dispute in PayPal. Both companies are blaming oneanother at this point. I have screenshots of everything and how the seller wants to issue me a refund of the 169.00. Do I go to my bank at this point to get them to help, I'm confused what to do. Here is the sellers response New message from: colordoll (882) Dear customer, thanks for your reply. Our financial staff met the same problem when they tried to refund you this Monday. Firstly, we tried to refund you directly on ebay, but ebay says that they couldn't process our request because you've opened a claim somewhere else. Then we tried to cancel your order on ebay, but still, ebay says that they couldn't process our request because you've opened a claim somewhere else. Then we tried to refund you through paypal. However because paypal is no longer available in ebay since August 10th, your money is not paid to our paypal, but ebay's new partner. We don't have your payment record in our paypal and we don't have your case record in our paypal, therefore we couldn't refund you through paypal. We've checked that our paypal has no case in recent half year. Therefore we have no option but to ask for your help to open a return request, however, you've met the same problem. Please don't worry, now that you've opened a case in your bank, let us wait for the bank's response. We're sure to be responsible to you for DHL's mistake. You may contact us at any time. Oct 1st - Oct 7th is our National Day and we'll be off duty and couldn't reply to you fast. We usually reply to your mails within 2 working days, please don't worry. Sorry again for all troubles. Best regards.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PikaBelle25 

The seller is using eBay Managed Payments system.

If you did not or cannot file a Money Back Guarantee (MBG) “I didn’t receive it” case and/or appeal it at eBay and instead opened a PayPal dispute, doing so is equivalent to a chargeback (“going to your bank”), known as a Payment Dispute over at eBay. There is a procedure on eBay for the seller to handle a Payment Dispute by either accepting liability or challenging it. If you don’t want to bother with seller/eBay/PayPal any longer, then yes, go to your bank or card issuer for resolution but know that once you do, you cannot approach eBay or PayPal to reopen cases. You must resolve the matter through your bank/card issuer exclusively.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PikaBelle25
Contributor
Contributor
I just got off the phone with a paypal agent and she looked into my case and she closed it in my favor, paypal will be paying me back then going to that seller for them to repay paypal. It will be processed within 3 days she said.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PikaBelle25 

Excellent! 👍

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.