What to do when your trouble ticket is about to expire

manzanbee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I raised a dispute with PayPal to which the merchant responded.  However, I am not absolutely certain that I will get my item and the stipulated time by which they will close my ticket is two days away and it appears to that I won't be able to raise any issues on that item again when they close it.  I feel trapped as I have not yet received my package for over 25 days but the merchant keeps saying it is in transit.  How can I get PayPal not to close my dispute until I receive my item?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@manzanbee 

Have you escalated your dispute to a CLAIM.

You can do this at any point up to 20 days after opening a dispute.

If you don't escalate it will auto close.

If you escalate then paypal become involved.

If you lose because the seller provides fake tracking then post back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@manzanbee 

Have you escalated your dispute to a CLAIM.

You can do this at any point up to 20 days after opening a dispute.

If you don't escalate it will auto close.

If you escalate then paypal become involved.

If you lose because the seller provides fake tracking then post back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

manzanbee
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, great.  I will escalate because there has been no changes in the tracking information for 20 days which I find quite strange.  What can I anticipate from PayPal since the seller has been responding to my queries but not with anything meaningful.  I don't know if this a strategy to allow my time to run out.  

Let me know your thoughts based on experience over the years.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.