i can't add my VISA Debit card into paypal?

moossa
Contributor
Contributor

hi, am adding my Global Debit-**bleep**-ATM card (VISA) to paypal, but it keep saying as;

"This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card."

what is the problem here? i used my card and withdrawed money in last week too.

should i contact my bank or anyone here can help me?

thanks for any help

Login to Me Too
180 REPLIES 180

elisheva

u r better off

Login to Me Too

bapatpradeep

dear sir,

i had been trying to add visa debit card to my paypal account unable to do so. Please let me know how i can solve this poblem. Thanks Praddep

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi bpatpradeep, 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum 🙂

If you're having difficulty adding your Visa Debit card to Paypal, it  usually means that your card issuer is denying our attempts to verify your card details for whatever reason.

For example, one reason might be that the card needs to be activated for online use.

When this type of thing happens, it's best to call the number on the back of your card to speak with the 'Online Payments Team'. This team is normally very good at identifying the problem and getting this type of thing resolved, you see.

Would you consider giving this a try for me?

Conor

Login to Me Too

Bushdrift
Cannot add new VISA DEBIT card to PayPal acc after old one expired. Keeps saying this card can't be added, contact us, blah blah blah. SICK AND TIRED OF THE BULL$#!+ PAYPAL!!! Between this type of rubbish and the unfathomable amount of fraudulent emails mimicking PayPal clearly with personal information only PayPal is privvy to (TOTAL NULLIFICATION OF PRIVACY AGREEMENT) it's no wonder the % rate of online fraud is growing exponentially.
Login to Me Too

Jean26
Contributor
Contributor

I accidentally removed my credit card from my paypal account and I cant add it again. How could I add it again?
Bank says card is ok.. Please help me!

Login to Me Too

Jean26
Contributor
Contributor

I accidentally removed my credit card from my paypal account and I cant add it again. How could I add it again?
Bank says card is ok.. Please help me!

Login to Me Too

abojamel
Contributor
Contributor

hey david

i just took my new visa dept card from the back and when i try to register it in paypal it gives me this error :

The credit card number you have entered cannot be verified. Only credit cards from approved countries may be used on PayPal.

i am pretty sure i have entered the correct card number and security 3 numbers correctly , so i think my proplem lies on one of the next :

1- paypal doesn't accept the dept cards ( which is impossiple because the website it self says it does accept)

2- my billing address country is UAE ( united arab emirates) its the country i made my paypal address on it , and

then i moved to Egypt and made my visa dept card from there so is it possiple because the diffrance between the address from where the card made and the address were i registered my paypal info are diffrant ( UAE , EGYPT ) so that the web doesn't accept it ?

3- or maybe because the name that is written in the card not the same name in my paypal account ? and if so

how do i change the name in my paypal + changing the country ? i can only change the address but can't change the country  ...

4- or you think i should make another paypal account with my current country and address ?

Login to Me Too

cllmda

It must depend on WHAT Visa debit cards you have or more importantly, Who is the issuer.

I have had no problem adding TWO different Visa debit cards to my PP acct recently (one is even a VIRTUAL visa debit card/prepaid and have used them both successfully via PP .I also have two regular Visa cards on the acct.

Login to Me Too

Raunak
New Community Member

no Mr. David i own a debit card from VISA and MASTERCARD and both are not being linked at Paypal since days! I am frustrated and depressed seeing my transactions not happening on time when i need it the most.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Raunak,

Thanks for posting in the forum.

Sorry to hear that this is happening. In order to help you to follow up, please contact us via https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter: @AskPayPal and we’ll help you to follow up. You can also reach out to us from the Contact link at the bottom of the PayPal page. 

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.