I cant add a credit card to my account

trudyb
New Community Member

Please can anyone help me. I wish to add a credit card to my Paypal account. I complete all the required credit card details and I receive the error message listed below.

We were unable to process your credit card registration at this time. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.

I have a debit card attached to my account but also wish to attach my credit card. I have tried doing so at a later date but this went on for over three days still receiving the same error message ???

Thanks in advance...

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_david

Hi there Trudyb,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds to me that when you were trying to register your card, our request to add the card on your account was refused by your bank. 

My best advice for you would be to check your card statement in order to ensure that your correct address is being entered on the PayPal webpage when you are trying to register your card. You need to ensure that the exact address that is registered with your card issuer is being entered on the PayPal website and this should help.

Another thing you should try to do is to ensure you are entering the correct card number and expiry date on the page in order to ensure you are entering the correct information to register your card.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

munbunny
New Community Member

Hello Mr Paypal_David,

I am also encountering this error: We were unable to process your credit card registration at this time. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.

I am adding my Redgage virtual visa card on my paypal account. The Address on my Redgage and on my paypal is exactly the same. i correctly entered my card number,expiry date and card verification number. But still, keep on displaying this error message...

What should i do?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

MariosCharpas
New Community Member

Hi. I have the same problem in my business account. In my personal account, the same card is fine. What's going wrong?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi MariosCharpas,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenge with linking your card.

Are the details on your card and PayPal account matching?

Is the card you are trying to link a business card?

Is the card enabled for online and international payments?

Is there available balance on the card?

You may want to consider contacting your bank to ask for the exact reason behind the temporary authorisation transactions being denied.

If you need further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review your account and provide you with the best course of action.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Munbunny,

If you are still receiving this message, you should try contacting customer services directly and we will be able to look into this further for you.

It's possible that your bank or credit card company are refusing our request to register your card to your PayPal account. When you contact us, we will be able to check this for you and let you know exactly why you are unable to register your card.

You can contact us directly through the Contact Us link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.

Please let me know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

Mulato
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same anoing problem!!!! Im getting very disapointed with paypal.... So to pay things its litghtning fast, But to transfer founds to our bank account is slow!

Login to Me Too

Cyanidepand
Contributor
Contributor

Same with me too but its my bank account, not my debit card, and because of this i can't accept a $90 donation i got!

Login to Me Too

john_koulouris
Contributor
Contributor

hello,i think i blocked my debit card and i cant addit again..what can i do now.i sent email or i contact to the site but nothing happens..

Login to Me Too

reynanqt
New Community Member

Hello always appear same message 

We were unable to process your credit card registration at this time. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.

my Card number ,3 digit code and expiry date was ok and even my address are the same on my card and my paypal but still always unable to process .. i tried to email paypal but i think thats not the customer support bcoz the message i receive was only a instruction on how to link creditcard .. what should i do |?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.