i can't add my VISA Debit card into paypal?

moossa
Contributor
Contributor

hi, am adding my Global Debit-**bleep**-ATM card (VISA) to paypal, but it keep saying as;

"This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card."

what is the problem here? i used my card and withdrawed money in last week too.

should i contact my bank or anyone here can help me?

thanks for any help

Login to Me Too
180 REPLIES 180

PayPal_david

Hi there Moossa,

Firstly, you should try to ensure that you are trying to register the correct information before trying to contact your bank. Please try to make sure that you are registering the correct card information and also billing address. If you are still receiving the same error message, you should then try to contact your bank directly in order to determine why they are refusing our request to register the card on PayPal.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

trinib81
Contributor
Contributor

i also need help im having same problem but have spoke to the bank and they say should be no probs with verification and paypal r telling me otherwise. all my details are correct aswell. and i need to pay for a purchase asap!

Login to Me Too

mdavies
New Community Member

I have been on the phone with the bank for 45minutes and they have checked there is no problem with the card.  I am having the same problem.  Please help

Login to Me Too

loopyloo2008
New Community Member

im having the same problem been in bank and they say its something at pay pals end i have used the card online this morning could it be because you have it joined to another email address (which i cant remember) if so what do i need to do because i need to pay for things asap thanks louise

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

There are a few possible issues why you are unable to register your card on to your PayPal accounts.

If your card has expired before you updated the information or if the card is already active on another PayPal account, the only thing that you can do is to try contacting customer services in PayPal and we can try to assist you on the phone with resolving this.

If you are being advised on screen that the information is being refused by your bank, you should try to ensure that you are entering the information exactly as it appears on your card. You should also check the address as it appears on your statement in order to make sure that you are entering the address as it is on your statement.

If you are still receiving the same error message, you may need to try contacting your bank again im afraid. When you do this, you may need to ask to speak with the online authorisations department in order to determine if they can see anything that would prevent your card from being registered on PayPal.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

SIC98

Hi David. How do i actualy talk to a person on  customer services and not just some machine. This is beyond a joke.

Login to Me Too

Aladin
Contributor
Contributor

0870 numbers are bad customer service, too expensive to call but if you look on line you can find the 0800 number for UK anyway so just say no to 0870 numbers. Google can help. The girl on line handled my problem fast. Well at least she told me it's handled. Now to find out...

Login to Me Too

liamellie2012
Contributor
Contributor
My old cards expired 04-14 & iv been trying to add my new cards for hours now, keeps saying im putting the wrong details on ?? How are they wrong? My card was scanned through the mobile paypal app, all I had to do is add my expiry date & csc number wich iv done over & over for agas now bit keeps saying "WRONG CARD DETAILS" ?? I know their right & when I phone I get a machine that aske for 6 digit password??? Iv NEVER been given any 6 digit pass code & iv used paypay for e bay ect for years now.. I even ended up arguing with a poxy machine on the phone... What do I do,, I activated my new cards today soon KNOW thir righ & valid..
Login to Me Too

Fernando20
Contributor
Contributor

This solution paticularly aims at the error message mentioned in the subject line. It maybe the solution to some of the other users facing issues updating their card details. Basically you have to have a certain bank balance in your bank account (in my case $1.95) as this is the amount that paypal will deduct from my bank account to verify my card, each time It expires and I have to enter a new card. There should be a suffiecient amount in your bank account. Hope this helps.

Fernando

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.