i can't add my VISA Debit card into paypal?

moossa
Contributor
Contributor

hi, am adding my Global Debit-**bleep**-ATM card (VISA) to paypal, but it keep saying as;

"This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card."

what is the problem here? i used my card and withdrawed money in last week too.

should i contact my bank or anyone here can help me?

thanks for any help

Login to Me Too
180 REPLIES 180

Kaesan
Contributor
Contributor
HIIII ive noticed alot of people, Including my self don't know how to add their new bank cards to paypal. What is happening is you have to have "Money for a Authorization from the card to pay-pal. I JUST literally got off the phone to bot. " pay pal and my bank..." And they both said paypal now charges you a fee to set up you're new card. SO literally you have to have some sort of balance if you're card is still rejecting you ring up you're bank and tell them about the "authorization transaction:" The bank should approve this and then your good to go.
Login to Me Too

conie
New Community Member

hi sir.

i would like to ask why my card is denied here in paypal. i hope i can get answers so that i can add my card in my paypal account.thank you.

Login to Me Too

Richiegrinham
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem too. Bank says card ok..paypal saying refer to bank!!!

Login to Me Too

Richiegrinham
Contributor
Contributor

Just returned from bank AGAIN..Same as before...Nothing wrong with card Smiley Sad

Does anyone at paypal have an answer as I would like to spend some money online!!!

Login to Me Too

weeal
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem with my new visa debit card as my old visa debit card expires at the end of the month. Been to my bank and there is no problem with the card. I work right across the road from my bank and the bank staff are also my customers. I have never had this problem before with adding my visa debit card to my account so why now. Too many people seem to have the same problem.

PLEASE HELP GET THIS SORTED or it will result in lost customers.

Login to Me Too

daz0587
New Community Member

its because PayPal have other people with the same bank account number, its Stupid i have been told by Paypal to get a new account, i need my funds in 2 days. you would think a company as big as paypal would have a sytem that doesnt reject your bank card someone has the same acc number but not sort code, i am not happy about this and will be taking Paypal off my website as a way to pay, this has cost me money and customers and this will not be the end of it.

Login to Me Too

Lak
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem too.

Eveything was fine until my yahoo email was hacked about 2 weeks ago and i decided to change the email address which links to paypal, as a precaution. After that, everything went totally haywire. I can't add any cards (debit or credit) and hence, am unable to use paypal to send money or to pay for anything.

I have deleted my account and am about to delete a 2nd one as it's still not working. Very frustraitng and annoying. I really don't understand why so many companies use it.

Login to Me Too

BalsamSh
New Community Member

i can't add my VISA Debit card into paypal I need to get refund from ebay and I didnt find the correct way to get my money back

Login to Me Too

elisheva

i reccommend not to do so...big mistake!...all these card inf. r connected n if u owed  anything or ect you will be found n without your permission they will take your card n charge it...google , microsoft, ect!...i just went thru something!

Login to Me Too

elisheva

just do not

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.