how to cancel a pre approved payment

nicdobbo
New Community Member

how can i cancel a pre approved payment? i currently have 2 on my account and would like to cancel them both?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you mean a subscription?

Go to Account Overview > History > More Filters drop down menu > Select Subscriptions and Agreements > Recurring Payments > My Profiles > Enter subscription start date > Show > View the details of a specific ‘Subscription Creation’ using Details > Cancel to cancel subscription.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mcr83
Contributor
Contributor

I have just cancelled 2 recurring/automatic payments, but how do I remove all the information from my account? At the moment the information is still their and their status is "inactive" ..

Login to Me Too

mickwhitehill
New Community Member

I want to stop all payments t Kenetic inc howcan cancel pre arranged payments

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi mickwhitehill,

Welcome to the community forum. 

This is how you can cancel a recurring payment on your account  http://ow.ly/Gaebt . Once you cancel it there the seller won't be able to take another amount without you visiting their website and authorising it. 

I hope you find this useful. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

ninjificus
Contributor
Contributor

If you cancel a company/make them inactive, can they still take money from your account if they unrightfully charge you with a phony payment on a site you don't use and have never used?

Login to Me Too

Sointoit
Contributor
Contributor

Levitikon
New Community Member

Mmm, I'm pretty sure they meant what they said, preapproved payments. I agreed to a preapproved payment (paypal login page said: "Your preapproved payment summary") and I can't find it for the life of me to cancel it. It's not under subscriptions as you described.

Login to Me Too

emrice53

I followed kernowlass' instructions to cancel a yearly membership fee but now when I look under the subscription details it still says that the total cycles are indefinite, remaining cycles are indefinite and the cycle frequency is yearly. Have I really cancelled it? I don't want to be surprised next year when it comes out of my account.

Login to Me Too

alinda07
New Community Member

I have the newest profile and I don't know how to cancel a pre-approved payment. Can you please give instructions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.