i can't add my VISA Debit card into paypal?

moossa
Contributor
Contributor

hi, am adding my Global Debit-**bleep**-ATM card (VISA) to paypal, but it keep saying as;

"This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card."

what is the problem here? i used my card and withdrawed money in last week too.

should i contact my bank or anyone here can help me?

thanks for any help

Login to Me Too
180 REPLIES 180

tomrfc1873
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone knows the answers to this problem then please let me know. I am having the same problem and have been passed from bank - to - Paypal - to - bank back and forth for three days and god knows how much on phone calls as all I seem to do is get put on hold and excuses that it is the the other persons fault. All I have tried to do is register a new card that hasn't been registered anywhere before as my old card had expired. All details for bank and Paypal account are the same, all details on card are inputted correctly and still the same message that everyone else is getting is what I get also. I hope someone can help before I close my account.

Login to Me Too

sunbeam
New Community Member

Last Friday  18/11/11 we tried to update our Visa Debit Card details as PP told us (correctly) that it would soon be expiring. Found it iImpossible to have the new card accepted by PP. Spoke with a helpful gentleman same day and he said to wait for another email.. Email arrived Saturday and we have been trying to update since then.  Today, Tuesday, still impossible.  Helpful lady took us through all the details this morning and finally she said that Visa Debit was not acceptable!  We have since contacted the seller directly and paid with our Visa Debit over the phone!  It works perfectly but NOT with PayPal!

Sorry EBay and PayPal, we shall NOT be using you.  We shall continue to use the other on-line providers Amazon etc, who give us no problems whatsoever!

If PayPal can get their act together.. OK, if not... goodbye.

Login to Me Too

liamellie2012
Contributor
Contributor
I'm Going through the same trouble & it's really frustrating & holding people up who need paying.. It's rediculois!!
Login to Me Too

Jungerns
Contributor
Contributor

Well Paypal must be held responsible for charges and calls. At the moment i am billed out at £35 an hour plus vat and to date PP owe me £186 as of todays date.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

If you are being told that our request for payment or to register the card is being refused by your bank, there is nothing that we can do to bypass this and send the payment or register the card on your account. If it is being refused by your bank, you need to check with your bank to see why it is being refused.

I have also seen a lot of Visa debit cards registered on PayPal accounts so I can't understand why you were told that they can't be registered on PayPal. You have been told incorrect information and I apologise for that but I am certain that Visa debit cards can be registered on a PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too

doliver911
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem:

This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.

Contacted the bank, they say there's nothing wrong! What's going on PayPal? 

Login to Me Too

captOrangeBeard
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying since I received my replacement VISA debit card (old card has just expired) to add it to my paypal account and I am having no joy at all (see topic posted by me).

Judging by a lot of the posts on this forum it looks to me like there is a general problem with Paypal systems and adding new VISA cards - surely this many people can't all be getting it wrong?

There is no problem with my VISA debit card or the details I am entering and this card is not linked to any other paypal account.

Login to Me Too

polybius

There is an expensive premium line to an associate company of PayPal, which deals with phone calls, that you could try. Personally, I'll be using bank transfers.

Login to Me Too

atacunat
New Community Member

i had the same problem..The problem is that some visa debit card cant be used for paypal....Master Card can be used for paypal..

Login to Me Too

Kaesan
Contributor
Contributor
Im just wondering if you have to make a new paypal to add a new card i mever had this problem before Ive tried doing my billing address and i tried adding in my card. But paypal refuses it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.