i can't add my VISA Debit card into paypal?

moossa
Contributor
Contributor

hi, am adding my Global Debit-**bleep**-ATM card (VISA) to paypal, but it keep saying as;

"This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card."

what is the problem here? i used my card and withdrawed money in last week too.

should i contact my bank or anyone here can help me?

thanks for any help

Login to Me Too
180 REPLIES 180

Shakoo
New Community Member

Anyone whome I know who wants to add his VISA card, all of them are unsuccessful. I can't understand why this happening. Instead of helping us, you are writing the same answers to everyone. After your first answer "Use another card" I believed to this and bought another new card with 3 years validity and again failed. Noone can add new cards this 2 months and I can't make payment through ebay.

Login to Me Too

prashoon
Contributor
Contributor
Which card are you using. I had no problem in adding HDFC card. HDFC activated my card for international transaction for free within 2 minutes and then I was able to add a card.
Login to Me Too

sravanthi
New Community Member

mam/sir, how you activated HDFC debit card with in two minutes. plz tel me what is the procedure to activate it, as i have HDFC PLATINUM CHIP CARD, but , paypal is not accepting my card. where i have to approach? in what way i have to proceed.

thank u in advance

@prashoon wrote:
Which card are you using. I had no problem in adding HDFC card. HDFC activated my card for international transaction for free within 2 minutes and then I was able to add a card.

Login to Me Too

lulucia1986

I am having the same issue as well. I keep getting the message that says: 'Your card was denied. Please contact the bank that issued your card or trying adding another debit card.' Do I need to have money in my account in order to add it to the account or is this just an overall issue with a lot of customers? I have a pre-paid Visa Netspend card and it keeps giving me the same error.

Login to Me Too

amanjikadri
New Community Member

Aladdin
Contributor
Contributor

have you found the Solving of your problem?

Login to Me Too

cherryaa
Contributor
Contributor

Update: There was no money on my Visa Debit card this morning, when I couldn't add it. Now it's worked OK.

Update 2: I said there was a problem with my Visa Credit card, too, but after posting the provider rang back and said they needed to re-activate it. That's done now Smiley Happy

It would be helpful if PayPal clarified that you can't add cards with no credit.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey guys,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this.

In order for you to be able to register a card to your PayPal account, you would need to have funds on the card.

When you try to register it, we would initiate a small charge of around £1.00 GBP as a test charge. A lot of companies do this when you are making a payment in order to ensure that the card is functioning with no problems. This charge would then be refunded back to you within around 24 to 48 hours. 

This could be the reason as to why so many of you are facing difficulties when trying to register your cards on your PayPal accounts. Could you please let me know if you are still having difficulties if there is a balance on your card and I will see what else I can do.

Thanks,

David.

Login to Me Too

curious88

Hi,

Same problem here.bank denied....when i checked my bank account, MYR3.00 has been deducted as DEBIT SALE...is it from paypal??i'm using Master Debitcard....do i need to wait 24 hours/ 48 hour to add my debit card details back?

Login to Me Too

Jungerns
Contributor
Contributor

£2300 on my account as of todays date. Is that enough...??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.