Where does my refund go?

DestinyAngel
Contributor
Contributor

I have received a full refund for faulty goods and am wondering IF I need to activate anything so that the money goes back into my designated bank account (which it came from).  I do not keep funds in Paypal.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi Destinyangel,

If you sent the original payment using your credit/debit card, we will transfer the refund back to your card. If you used your bank account to fund your original payment, the funds will be refunded to your PayPal balance and you will then need to click the 'Withdraw' icon on your Account Overview page to withdraw the funds to your bank account.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy,

David.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi Destinyangel,

If you sent the original payment using your credit/debit card, we will transfer the refund back to your card. If you used your bank account to fund your original payment, the funds will be refunded to your PayPal balance and you will then need to click the 'Withdraw' icon on your Account Overview page to withdraw the funds to your bank account.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy,

David.

Login to Me Too

DestinyAngel
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you David.

Login to Me Too

Cally1990
New Community Member

Hi, My paypal notified me that I had had a refund for £30 but it has not appeared in my bank or paypal account. Where might it have gone ?

Cally

Login to Me Too

miel
New Community Member

Has anyone found out where refunds go i have a refund showing on my overview of my account but it is not showing as a credit and its not in the bank either. How long will this take to show in my  bank account ?

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you originally funded your payment by PayPal or Bank Funding the refund goes back to your PayPal account, if you funded the initial payment via card it goes back to the card.

Login to Me Too

thomassull
New Community Member

i got a refund but the money is not on my pay pal a/c or in my bank a/c

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Refunds go back to the PP account if you paid with PayPal funds, if you paid via bank funding they go back to the PayPal account, and if you paid via a card it goes back to the card.

Does the original transaction show there has been a refund? If not you actually have not got a refund.

Login to Me Too

uax-14
Contributor
Contributor

Refund payment should have been in my Paypal account on 28 June 2011.

It was not (checked late evening).

If and when it is found please repatriate to my source (current) account.

Ebay and Paypal accounts will not be used until this problem is dealt with and the £120 in my source acount.

I am aware that the loss of ONE customer is of NO concern to ebay/paypal.

Login to Me Too

Speedball
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid with your credit card it will be refunded to your card  if you paid from your bank 

it will be refunded to your bank acount 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.