We are not able to process payment using PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant

shiola
Contributor
Contributor

I cant pay with paypal. It suddenly became problemous. Every time i get this error: ''We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).''
please help

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Is your PayPal Account verified?

Login to Me Too

Doug_J
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue, been using EBAY and Paypal for years, but today for some reason it has decided to not let me pay, and it gives me the vague error listed above.

My Paypal account status is "verified", and my Bank Account is listed as "Confirmed" and my Credit card is listed as "primary" so everything seems fine on the surface.

from reading things on other posts I decided to call my Credit Card provider to see if there were any issues with my card and they said everything is fine, but they mentioned that they have not seen any request from Paypal for the transaction.

I've tried an iPhone, Blackberry, 4 different PCs at 2 different locations, 2 different browsers, and even the EBAY app on my Android tablet.  The PCs give me the error above and the mobile devices just list that I've been logged out of my Paypal account.

I've tried Google Chrome incognito, same issue, tried with both "private computer" checked and not checked and get the same error.

I purposely entered the wrong password when signing into paypal once, and it told me my account information was wrong, so it seems that when I use the correct UN/PW and get the error message above, it seems that EBAY and Paypal are talking at least.

I thought it might have been an IPv6 issue so I switched over to a machine that only runs IPv4 and it gave the same error message.

My account balance is $0.00 and has always been $0.00 because I've always used the credit card that I have listed on the Paypal account, so unless that has changed...

The one thing that I did notice earlier was that I was able to log into www.paypal.com just fine, but when I tried to access "my banking information" it wanted me to log in again, but my UN/PW didn't seem to work at first, I changed my paypal password and now things seems fine, almost seemed like a phishing site?????

Frustrating for sure, any other guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too

ginafrea1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes - me too. I tried to pay for an iten and got the same message.   If it is the case that 'new' people need to get their accounts 'verified' (whatever that means) wouldn't it be easier if pp laid this out clearly when people joined or sent us an email?

I've paid for three items recently without a problem and now suddenly this. 

Login to Me Too

ntremblett
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  What is the solution? Everything on my account is confirmed now, but I can't pay for 4 auctions that I have won...very frustrating....the seller is going to very upset.

Please help

- Neal

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi shiola, Doug_J, ginafrea1 & ntremblett,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

It sounds to me like those payments are being stopped by our internal security system.

To help keep your money safer, we need to stop a payment occasionally. 

It’s similar to the way banks and credit card companies work when approving payments. When a payment is stopped, it's not a reflection of you or your account activities, we just want to make sure that your account is as secure as possible.

However, there are some things that you can do to help with this. You could:

-Try to send the payment at a later date

-Try to send the payment using a different card/bank to fund the payment if possible

-Add the money from your bank to your PayPal balance and then try sending the payment from there if possible

- Get verified if your account is still un-verified

I hope this information helps going forward,

Conor

Login to Me Too

WajeehShah
New Community Member

my account is verified and my account have money inside it but having same problem Help!!

Login to Me Too

MummyMichael
New Community Member
Equally having a hard time processing my payment. Mine is a little different though, ive attempted to process my payment atleast twice today and at both times am recieving the initial confirmation message from ebay tht payment has gone thru and the followup email reciept shud ideally follow. Tht has not however come thru after both attempts and a recent phone check with my bank has confirmed that the payment has not gone thru and that my balance is still the same. In such a case what could be the problem? As a check in my basket after a few minutes is showing tht my items are still there dispite becoming empty after the 2 afore mentioned payment attempts. Kindly help
Login to Me Too

tmbaru
Contributor
Contributor

Hello paypal community

I want to register for a course online but everytime i want to make a payment, i get this error

We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

What could be the problem

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi tmbaru,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

I hope you don't mind but I moved your post to this thread.

You'll notice I answered a post very similar to yours above, you see.

I hope that helps and if the problem persists, feel free to reach out to us through our other social media channels for specific assistance.

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.