Double payment for same item

smashedbooboo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just checked my bank account and there are 2 payments for the same item,

Both for 32.00gbp  but only one showing on paypal statement.  So the same payment has gone through twice.

This has put me overdrawn. Do I contact my bank or is this a paypal issue to get a refund on one of the 

payments.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

brum
Contributor
Contributor

My bank has said the same but surely PayPal should be proactive in this?  If they have done this 10,000 times just think how much extra interest they are earning!

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

the problem is PayPal will not be able to see the money as it does not show in your paypal account, the only way for you to get a refund quickly is for you to follow the direct debit indemnity scheme.

Login to Me Too

brum
Contributor
Contributor

I know what you are saying but effectively PayPal must be able to see the additional £20 because it is in not in my account any more and will not have been sent to the buyer so therefore it will have to reside in their accounts.  It may not be easily identifiable because it is not asigned to purchase but they should have additional ways of identifying the source of money (if only as evidence against money laundering activities).  

I don't see how you can make a mistake that appears so widespread and then simply say "not my problem" and not everyone has to go to their banks and fill out forms.

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PayPal are contacting those this has effected and are going to refund. So hold fire and wait to be contacted.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

I have moved this thread here as it explains the duplicate payment and when the funds will be returned.

Login to Me Too

marksmanross
Contributor
Contributor

just to let you guys know got refund early this morning from paypal displays on bank account as bank credit all sorted good luck let me know if anyone else gets theirs

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Well that's good to hear, I had another person on the phone saying this yesterday as well so at least it seems to be sorted quite quickly Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi all,

As you would have seen from reading over this thread, the problem is down to our system so we are going to pay any fees charged by your banks.

If you have any overdraft charges as a result of this issue, please supply a bank statement so we can initiate a courtesy credit to you on that specific charge.

A faxed copy of your most recent statement which includes the charge should be sent to 08707 303 190.

The credit for the fees will be placed into your PayPal accounts.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

AndrewB
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been affected by this problem, but prior to receiving the email from paypal I had already contacted my bank who refunded me under their indemnity scheme. I have therefore been refunded twice, once by my bank and once by paypal.

I spoke to my bank who said there is nothing they can do and I need to contact paypal. I tried emailing paypal and explaining but couldnt seem to get them to understand what had happened.

I am not dishonest and would like to resolve this, as paypal are currently out of pocket by £10.73.

Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too

jendaw
Contributor
Contributor

Tearing my hair out,nearly,trying to find out how to tell paypal they've taken transaction out twice from my bank account.How do I do it?....many thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.