Double payment for same item

smashedbooboo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just checked my bank account and there are 2 payments for the same item,

Both for 32.00gbp  but only one showing on paypal statement.  So the same payment has gone through twice.

This has put me overdrawn. Do I contact my bank or is this a paypal issue to get a refund on one of the 

payments.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

If you ignore all the robots voices question for long enough it will get you through to an agent. you can also say "agent" several times and it will bypass the robot. i also heard that swearing at it gets your straight through, but ive never tried. someone try and let me know if it works 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

I have moved your comments to this topic as this query has already been asked and answered here.

If you go back through the different pages, you will see exactly what has happened and also when you should be getting your money back.

David.

Login to Me Too

altctrl
Contributor
Contributor

*****UPDATE***** As promised monies back in bank today....the only ask you to fax if the bank charges you for going O.D. i wont know until my next statement however.

Although some people have mentioned that PP are contacting all affected people i have yet to hear anyone mention they have,and i havent been.

Login to Me Too

3argainbasement
New Community Member

Please let me know how you got your money back as the same thing happened to me and could not get a response from paypal or ebay

Login to Me Too

01kgriffiths
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me, but I have something else to ask.

On the 19th, I paid £280 for an item, thought it all went well fine and left it. The money was taken out of my account on the 22nd. I got an e-mail off PayPal saying I may of been charged twice and that they'd refund for any charges incurred by the bank. I got a letter off Halifax saying that they are charging me a £15 'Unpaid Item Fee' as I didn't have enough money in my bank account for both lots of £280 to go out and I haven't got an overdraft. 

However, when I was checking my statement, the two lots of PayPal payments aren't shown, just the one. The letter that Halifax sent me has the details of the payment and the amount on it. How do I contact PayPal and can I still claim back the £15 the Halifax are going to take off me?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there AndrewB,

Only one of the payments reached your PayPal account balance, so the second payment sent was just returned to your bank account.

If your bank have given you back the funds through their claim system that's fine. But with this issue on PayPals side, we only added one amount to your account so we would not be out of pocket.

01kgriffiths, if the two amount of £280 are showing on your bank account statement and you have been charged the £15.00 as you did not have enough to cover both amounts, PayPal will refund the £15.00.

In order to do this they would need to see the charge on your bank account statement. You can fax your statement to the following number. Please make sure you have your email address on your statement so it can be attached to the correct account.

Fax: 08707 303 190

Login to Me Too

gerkin49

same here 19 oct 10.02 x2

Login to Me Too

ProPlaya007
New Community Member

paypal statement.pngHi, 

My bank account has been charged double for the same item but only show's once on my paypal account.

I sent paypal a message and got this back, 

We have completed our investigation of your case and, as there is
insufficient evidence in support of your claim, we have refused your
Unauthorised Account Use Claim
Help please 

bank state for paypal.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

From the looks of it you filed an ‘Unauthorised Transaction’ claim for one of the payments. This is why you received a message saying we did not find any unauthorised activity, because the payment was a duplicate payment. You should contact the seller and request a refund for one of the amounts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.