Double payment for same item

smashedbooboo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just checked my bank account and there are 2 payments for the same item,

Both for 32.00gbp  but only one showing on paypal statement.  So the same payment has gone through twice.

This has put me overdrawn. Do I contact my bank or is this a paypal issue to get a refund on one of the 

payments.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Is the second transaction showing in PayPal? If so open an item not received dispute upon that transaction specifically if you funded by a card.

Alternatively, if you funded by bank funding see your bank and ask them to claw back the second payment under the direct debit indemnity scheme takes 24 hours for the payment to be returned to you.

It has to physically have been removed from your bank though.

Login to Me Too

jendaw
Contributor
Contributor

No ,the second transaction isn't showing on paypal ! Called in my bank and they said talk to paypal first.Looks as though it's happening to a few of us.I'll ring bank again on Monday,thanks for your reply.

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your bank can and have to do something, you tell them you wish to fill in a direct debit indemnity form upon the second payment, go in fill in, funds back in your account withni 24 hours. Tell them that as a customer you are legally entitled to do this and it is operated by all banks.

I do wish they would give you the correct information.

They always say vendor first, it be quicker to go the indemnity route. PayPal could take weeks.

Login to Me Too

smyles
New Community Member

Have just checked my account online and spoke with the bank and paypal and they are aware of a problem say the money will be back in the account within three to five days. I have paid for two items and been charged for  four feeling very hacked off  !!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

looneylounge
Contributor
Contributor

Who are returning your payment ???

This has happened to me today and the bank wont do anything, so had to phone paypal and then fax over my bank statement and copy of paypal account as its on bank twice but not on paypal twice, not happy at all, seems like  a lot its happened to, am so angry tbh

Login to Me Too

awaab
New Community Member

I bought 1 item on ebay on 19/10 from seller.i pay for  it. I logged  into paypal the payment was complete.

When i checked my bank account however 2 payments have come out  of my bank account for £17.19

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There was a PayPal glitch on 19th October, if the second payment shows in your PayPal account you can ring them and ask them to credit you with the second amount, if not then contact your bank and ask to initiate a direct debit indemnity on the second amount.

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sorry please ignore my previous post, PayPal are contacting those affected and will be reimbursing the overpayment you made, hold fire and wait to be contacted.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there guys,

I’ve just moved your posts here as theres a lot on this topic in this thread.

Login to Me Too

Teriaser

I have only just discovered this! It has happened several times and for quite large amounts.  No one informed me from my bank or paypal.  I think I won't be using PayPal again after this.  I am very angry.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.