Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

847elaine

I agree.  I'm having the same problem with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

vmo2001

im with you all the way.  it was all great when it started, now its about controlling

i've had a paypal account since 2001 and now choose to not have a linked bank account

so i won't be able to use paypal.  this will hurt honest people selling on ebay but ebay and they own paypal, so it's shooting themselves in the foot.

Login to Me Too

847elaine

I fully agree.  I'm having the same problem with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

TiredMick
New Community Member

As, apparently, with everybody else, I refuse to give them my banking info, so I'm done. I pay my credit card in full every month, and owe PayPal zero, yet I can't buy any more. I even put in a second card and it had no effect. Really a dumb business model. I'll go back to paying one transaction at a time. I'm going to give it one month (I've submitted a request, lol), and then I'm going to cancel my account.

Which leads to question: Has anybody cancelled and then opened a new account and gotten a new limit?

Login to Me Too

Sudiemae
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently PayPal is doing this to everyone who is not verified, even if you are no where near the $10,000 limit.  We need to let every seller we purchase from (or want to purchase from) know that PayPal is the problem.  PayPal doesn't really care about the buyers because (at least for now) they are not collecting fees from us.  If sellers start dropping them then they might take notice.

Login to Me Too

Robin01
Contributor
Contributor

i thought you had to vairfy your bank acount before u can do any thing with your pay pal account (use it to purchase stuff)

Login to Me Too

847elaine

I agree.  I am having the same problem with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, most all the Sellers are getting the same response "I won't use Pay Pal". So, they will accept a personal check or Credit Card. Sometimes, even Bill Me Later. I just did this. Only negative was the turn-around time. There is nothing I want bad enough to EVER return to Pay Pal; Sellers are wise to this now.

Login to Me Too

Madhatterpa
Contributor
Contributor

It really not just PayPal you have to worry about.. If you look back, it's only the large companies who maintain personal data who are targeted now for breakins.. I'm sure they Harden their Software firewall but the larger you get, the more copies you generate in order to provide quick subsecond transaction performance.. That said, the more points of control you have, the higher the risk that something will be missed and with the automated tools the hackers are using today, it probably wouldnt take much time to break in.. The bigger concern for me though would be unhappy insiders who might potentially leave the gate unlocked as they leave the company.. Bottom Line it's up to each individual to protect their information, and decide what detail to provide. Personally I would only share bank account info to a business who is bonded and protected, and is allowing me to purchase very expensive items where the buyer has a payment plan.. Cars, Boats, Homes, etc.

Login to Me Too

flyingjester
Contributor
Contributor

Are you crazy?  Paypal isn't a bank.  If you read their policy's they will take money from your bank account at will.  When ever they deam it to be in their best interest.  And when you give them your routing numbers to deposite the two small amounts, guess what, they can take money out too.  And they will

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.