Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

dlcandles
Contributor
Contributor

@Robin01 wrote:

i just recently joined pay pal - and i just got my bank variyed  so i could get the 500,00 limit lifted now im just waiting on them to desposit the 2 ammounts - whats wrong with having ur bank varifyed?

Robin01, you need to realize that many of us have been with PayPal from day one and that PayPal has everything that is needed to prove who we are. I have already closed out one bank account due to PayPal accessing and taking out unnecessary feed. Money was in my PayPal account to cover fees. You will find out the hard way when you receive your bank statement and see that there are many, many debits from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

blondee1125
Contributor
Contributor
They feed off people like you. Good luck and watch those bank statements. Hey - can I borrow a few bucks??
Login to Me Too

blondee1125
Contributor
Contributor

Cauthon
Contributor
Contributor

A few years ago I was one of the 10,000 people whose credit card information was stolen from the Hannaford store computers, and I was lucky, my bank noticed some unusual activity (they tried to charge something in Florida, and I have never been there, and I guess that was enough for the bank to notice) and they did not accept that charge.  If that had been my bank account information that they stole, they might have been able to clean out the bank account before anybody noticed (not the same bank as the credit card, for whatever that's worth).  If I lost one paycheck that way, that would be a big loss, and sometimes there is more than that in there.  I think we have some protection against losing a lot if they get a credit card number, but not as much protection for a bank account. It's dangerous.  

And, whatever is going on, if our supposed Pal would tell us something about what is in it for them, to justify all this trouble they are giving us, maybe we would go along with them, but there is not a word.  If they can't tell us the truth, why should we trust them?  OTOH, whatever is in it for them, that is all they care about, they do not have any concern about the danger for us. 

Login to Me Too

847elaine

I agree. I am having the same problem with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Stfdtco
New Community Member

Until today I thought PayPal was the coolist thing!!!  YOU HAVE TO GET VERIFIED THEY SAY!!!

I SAY....

**bleep**

Login to Me Too

ramttank
Contributor
Contributor

Have these people realized that there are auctions alomst everywhere?

It means that i have to disclose info to be able to buy in ebay and other places?

this is outrageous

Login to Me Too

Common-sense

I am outraged and agree whole heartedly with most posters on this thread. I have an impeccable credit rating and have given PayPal almost $10k in business (which they have kindly advised me of with their "verification" nonsense) without the slightest issue from hundreds of payments. And their Thank You is to threaten to deny service unless I link my bank acct. I am NOT giving my bank acct details to a company that is trying to extort this information from me. See you all in the Google Checkout community. I feel like I've been spit on....shame on you PayPal, you used to be a fine company.

Login to Me Too

abusedcustomer
Contributor
Contributor

I am the same person who started this thread. Now with a new username/acct and even worse story to tell. A PayPal rep advised me to close my acct and open another one to avoid the bank verification requirement after spending $10k.

I opened a new acct, verified my credit card (a 5 day process) and tried to pay someone. But my limit is set to $0.

Called Paypal to learn the rep had lied to me. Paypal sees that you have the same credit card and then imposes the same requirement that you add your bank acct or apply for credit with them.

I will never do business with Paypal again. They earned their fees on $10k that I paid through them over the years without a single problem or contact from me ........and this is the thanks I get. Greed greed greed. Shame on you Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Lindacat
Contributor
Contributor

I was also lied to by a rep after calling customer support on my dime. Problem is, they outsource that dept. and no 2 employees give out the same info. I was told to fax some documents instead of becoming verified and I'd have no issues getting my money via check. They neglected to tell me after doing it, that faxed documents are required each and every time I request another check.That means i'm spending $5 every week if I want MY MONEY!!! Yeah, I've had my fill of PayPal too. I can't even get  support or a moderator to respond to my emails or the questions I've asked in this forum.PayPal is great at misleading people and collecting their cut of the kitty, but try to get anything in return. And having a perfect record with them appears to count for NOTHING!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.