Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

Rheinhard
Contributor
Contributor

I do not wish to get verified either.  I have no intention of giving personal information, financial oer otherwise, to PayPal.  I don't deposit funds with PayPal as they have a reputation for stealing them.  If they are charging me from funds outside of PayPal, there is NO need for them to have any other information.  Either the payment is completed or denied.  There is NO evidence that PayPal is any more or less secure than any other financial service other than their claim.  I hate PayPal.  I have hated them for years.  Every time I have to have dealings with PayPal I hate them more.  The only solace is that the vendors hate them just as much.  On top of all this they make themselves virtualy inaccesable so you cannot really make any functional complaint.  I am contacting the Cosumer Affairs Department in my state about them, however

Login to Me Too

Ursula
Contributor
Contributor
I have been using pay pal for years with no problem. Now, evidently I have reached my spending limit and they are requiring that I verify my account by giving them my bank account info. I WILL NOT do this and find it totally unnecessary since they already have my credit card info. I have just finished speaking with a pay pal representative about this AFTER being on terminal hold ply to be advised that "unfortunately this is pay pal's policy" . Their policy is to have you link your bank account or open a PAYPAL credit card. I also don't need another credit card, the one I have has been serving me very well thank you very much. I guess that I won't be buying as much on eBay anymore unless the sellers are willing to take payment without going through Paypal!
Login to Me Too

flotoror
Contributor
Contributor

imo fyi they dont car a hoot what you think...i just want my 200 dollars now

Login to Me Too

dct867

re: Paypal wants you to get verified or get a Paypal credit card

What's worse about this situation is that I went through it when I first got my Paypal account, and ended up deciding to go the "Paypal credit card" route. That worked for a couple years, and then then suddenly decided that I no longer had a "Paypal credit card" and reinstated the sending limit, even though I still had the card. As far as I can tell, they must have come to a new agreement with a new CC company (the old one was with MBNA) and invalidated all(?) of the old cards.

To add insult to injury, they recently arbitraritly lowered my sending limit - it had been $10K and I hadn't reached it yet. Suddenly it was $5K and I had exceeded it. 

Since Paypal also does not handle joint credit cards or joint bank accounts properly, all I can conclude is that this is a convoluted scam to force people to get multiple Paypal credit cards so they can harvest the CC fees from the merchants.

Login to Me Too

bp5602

Exact same story for me.  Worst business logic I've ever heard of.  I've worked in IT & IT Security for 28 years and there is NO reason for needing the bank info.  The entire reason I signed up was to keep my bank account private and secure from unnecessay risk.  Their alternative was to close my PayPal account and open a new one.  Is that stupid or what?  I've only used my account for product purchases and one credit card for 7 years and now they want me to "verify" it?  How many successful, legit transactions over how much time do they need before they believe I'm real and really me?

Guess they don't want my business.  I'll pay other ways.

Login to Me Too

Lindacat
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, PayPal is the worst with all their ridiculous "security" practices. Just wanted to let you know, that someone else was advised by customer support, to close their PayPal account and open a new one. The idea was that they could start over towards this $10,000 limit before having to become verified again. They tried it and the system caught it. They have a zero limit on buying and selling until they get verified because of reaching the 10,000 on the old account. I feel like a dog chasing it's tail with this company. I can see it but can never quite catch it. One place on this site tells me I can be "confirmed" instead of verified and that will raise my hold and limits. I go to the form for this and it tells me I have to be verified to become confirmed. Hey PayPal Idiots.....If I was verified, I wouldn't need to become confirmed. DAH!!!!  I need to stop venting for awhile. Thinking about all this makes my head swim.

Login to Me Too

bigredharley
Contributor
Contributor

HAve you ever heard of money laundering?  There are federal regulations that are required when people are moving the kind of money you are talking about here, and PayPal isn't about to break those laws because you want to gripe about it.  If you want to use another vendor to do your dirty work, I doubt they will notice the loss.

Login to Me Too

PageantCurls

Have you ever heard of identity theft? The last time I left my account number in a "secure" location my identity was stolen. No Thanks

Login to Me Too

kova3
New Community Member

just called them as well since they turned me off after 10,000$ spending. I have had a paypal account for many years.. I also am an IT professional and will not give paypal my bank account info. I did at one time and deleted it.

Anyhow, they flagged me and I cannot even use a credit card to pay for anything. It picks up either my address or name and combinaiton or both. I used a company credit card and it picked up a different addres, so it must be the name.

I would recommend you NEVER give Paypal your bank information. With IT security these days, you can trust NO ONE. One slip of a database and all your info is out there. You get a nasty virus and your paypal login and ID get pinched.

GUESS WHAT - PAYPAL ain't gonna cover you like a credit card. I didn't read their 20 page contract but I dont have to - YOU WONT BE COVERED and while some Liberian Banker empties your bank account, Paypal will say its your fault.

I called them and they lifted my restriction. I will never give my bank account info.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.