paypal spending limit?

mrst
New Community Member

I received an e-mail from pay pal saying that I've almost reached my $10,000 spending limit.

What do they mean? I don't owe anywhere near that amount on my credit card,they are off by thousands!

Now they say that I need to get verified. Can anyone explain this to me? Thank-you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry you won't be able to respond directly to this post - we've made some improvements to the PayPal Community Help Forums, and as part of the upgrade, all existing posts were Archived and locked. The new boards and the new Community is accessible here.

Oh no, I'm sorry for any confusion.  The request to become Verified has nothing to do with your credit card limit.  Every account holder in PayPal has a certain amount they can spend before they must verify additional information.  This process is called becoming Verified.

In the US, a member can become Verified by either adding and confirming a bank account, or by applying for and being instantly approved for PayPal Smart Connect, the PayPal Extras Mastercard, or Bill Me Later.  Any of these actions allow  us to ensure you've met a more rigorous identity verification process and lift the lifetime sending limit. 

Thanks,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.