Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

nanajoyce
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so glad I found your blog. I, too, will contact the Oregon Attorney General and Department of Consumer Affairs. What is this country coming to when having a credit card to pay for things you buy, suddenly incurs the use of your bank account number too. No company, whether federal, state, or otherwise, is immune from hackers.

Login to Me Too

nanajoyce
Contributor
Contributor

You said it beautifully. Eventually, they'll realize they are **bleep**ing themselves and Ebay and Ebay sellers will realize that too.

Login to Me Too

jwoo7574

If everyone contacted their attorney general's office in their state, perhaps paypal would stop asking for bank account info.  They **bleep** me off, too.  I have had enough of their incessant emails wanting my bank account.  Sh*t!

Login to Me Too

fredo
New Community Member

I have been using payapl for sometime without being verified, now its telling me I have to be he verified to use it. I already have a card on file, there is no reason why my bank account information is required also and another credit card it totally unnecessary. It has been proven that it works without all those things but now I need to have them. I won't be using this anymore.

Login to Me Too

Robin01
Contributor
Contributor

i just recently joined pay pal - and i just got my bank variyed  so i could get the 500,00 limit lifted now im just waiting on them to desposit the 2 ammounts - whats wrong with having ur bank varifyed?

Login to Me Too

Rheinhard
Contributor
Contributor

Why should I give my personal banking information to a pack of extortionists?  They have NO NEED of this information to function.  I have spent over $10,000 on eBay in the last six months.  One would think PayPal, eBay and the vendors would be pleased.  Apparently PayPal, at least, is not.  PayPal and I have functioned just fine for all those sales so why do I now have to give them personal financial information.  Sadly, I apparently will have to give up bidding on eBay.  If you have chosen to share your personal information with PayPal that is your decision to make.  I hope all works out for you. I do not trust PayPal and even if I did, this is still not information I choose to share.

Login to Me Too

Ursula
Contributor
Contributor

Since my last post, PayPal sent this survey by email regarding that last phone call to them.

I basically said the same thing we are all relating here on the discussion forum. I told them that the ball was in their court, that if they want to dispense with this nonsense of  "VERIFYING" me (I have paid over 10K in purchases  my own Credit card  without any problems!) and allow me to continue paying with my card NOT linking my Bank account & NOT being setup with THEIR credit card~ then I would have all kinds of nice things to say about them! If not, like I said ... it is their choice.

On 03/03/2011, I spoke to you regarding your PayPal account.  As part of PayPal's commitment to excellence, I want to make sure I met your needs during our conversation.  Would you please take a minute to answer a few questions to let me know how I did?

http://surveys2.incontact.com/paypal/survey_paypal.

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I would ask,WHY do users have to phone eBay/PayPal over problems? I would refer to the EU.PSD(payment service directive.AND the e commerce directive which STATES eBay/PayPal MUST Display a valid e-mail address on their Web Site,so WHY are YOU ALL phoning eBay/PayPal? Why arnt you asking Questions of the European Commission,   come on lets be having yer,PayPal have edited my e-mail address of the European Commission,so if you want further info,please get in touch with abakus45 for further info.(user ID)

Login to Me Too

tlm2407
New Community Member

I agree with not putting in personal banking info.  I have been receiving e-mails for over a year that I need to get verified.  I keep spending and they keep uping my limit.  Currently I am 56.00 away from spending 10,000.  My purchases are usually over 1,000 each time i spend.  I have a certain credit card I use for these purchases.  I never want to use my checking account  info and if that is the only way to keep using paypal then I will not be using paypal.  I hope they do something about this soon. Thanks for sharing!!!

Login to Me Too

vmo2001

same problem here.  its all about control.  if i have a credit card with money why do they need to know more,.,

by forcing verification through the two options, a bank account or a paypal credit card they are essentially marginalizing a whole sector of the population who chooses to keep their privace intact, as much as possible.

I have had a paypal account since 2001 and had a bank account until a few months ago.  i guess i will no longer be able to use paypal.  ebay is moving in the same direction- they have to control the population more....

it's a cancer!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.