Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

wkdwitch

Error code #10417 great for giving you a rubbish rating after maintaining 100% feedback for 6 years on ebay. i have been to my bank today i know now they are not blocking my payments. This is absolutly ridiculous. my money i want to spend.. but no you have now ended my ability to use ebay  ALSO MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET THE DEAD LINK TO CUSTOMER SERVICES FIXED

Login to Me Too

MarcoRazo
New Community Member

I am having the same issue where it says that my transaction can not be processed at this time but I had just purchased other items no so long ago with no trouble at all PLEASE FIX ASAP OR I WILL LOSE MY ITEM ON EBAY!

Login to Me Too

progman63
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, one of two Mastercards set up for payment methods.

This is the second payment method I set up but I've used this card through Paypal before because I rotate the two cards between online and offline usage.

So I've changed the Primary method within the last few months.

This card HAS worked through Paypal before.

Used the new eBay shopping cart to process multiple items from the same seller and got the Error Code..

Used the shopping cart a second time to process multiple items from another seller and got the same error upon Paypal confirmation.

In both instances, when I changed payment method to other card (first one I set up), the confirmation was successful.

I think that sums it up.

Hope this info can help resolve the issue.

Login to Me Too

Shwest
New Community Member

I have the same problem. For few days I can't pay for my item Smiley Sad Please, fix it.

Login to Me Too

dmou3085
New Community Member

i got the same thing . your request could not be processed at this time whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Login to Me Too

helenn92
New Community Member

I am also having this problem.

This is my first purchase on ebay and I wanted to pay immediately but I KEEP getting this error code.

Now I can't pay for my item.

When will this be resolved?

Login to Me Too

DrOctagonapus
Contributor
Contributor

I also cannot pay for my order please help I really dont want to lose my item!

Login to Me Too

rogerDsa

i got Error code #10417

is there a solution already?

thanks

Login to Me Too

misterblue
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much, Andy, for being on top of this. I'm getting the same error, buying something that cost about $13. I know I have enough money on the gift card I'm using to pay (I checked), and just minutes before this I successfully purchased three other items.
Login to Me Too

tony1964
Contributor
Contributor

I try to purches an Item and I am geting error code # 10417

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.