not able to accept mandate on paypal bank account

kleinvault
Contributor
Contributor

hey so, i linked my bank account to paypal. i went through the 2 deposit verification, but my bank account on paypal said i still need to accept mandate, hence why i can't transfer money to my paypal balance. it never gave me any accept mandate option, and i have no idea where i can even accept it or set it up, but my bank account status is still listed as confirmed. to test, i made a purchase through paypal to see whether it would go through or not, and it did indeed work and said i paid successfully. i filed in for a refund since it was just a test, but does this mean my bank account is fully linked and able to use through paypal or?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kleinvault 

You haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately we can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kleinvault
Contributor
Contributor
oh sorry about that! i'm in canada.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thank you @kernowlass for getting a resolution started on this one. We appreciate all you do! 

@kleinvault, welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with your bank. I was able to dig up some resources you may find useful: 

How do I link a bank account to my PayPal account?

How do I confirm my bank account?

If you're still running into issues after that, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams for further assistance. You can reach our Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

zamzamio
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same situation, but the generic docs doesn't help. I'm stuck because it shows "Accept mandate" in the mobile app but tapping it does nothing and going into the bank details has no mention of the mandate or any action steps from there.

I already entered the 2 deposits to confirm it, then moved from unconfirmed status to this deadend "accept mandate" status. I haven't tried to purchase anything, but the OP tried and I don't think that will be a problem for me either. However, I cannot select this bank as a preferred payment like I can with the other banks and cards I have set up. 

I also tried accessing my account from the web but there's no mention of "Accept mandate" anywhere like in the mobile app.  Any help from here would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0706.jpeg

Login to Me Too

HoovicHoo90
Contributor
Contributor
Also ftom Canada. I'm having the same "accept mandate" issue as described here that shows up under the PayPal app after linking a second Canadian bank account ( note my main account that I linked years ago works just fine). Similarly this account with the " mandate" issue has been confirmed and I can push funds from Paypal to it. I cant pull funds from that account into Paypal though. I checked with the Canadian Bank they said there's no issue on their end since Paypals confirmation process of 2 micro deposits cleared properly. I've had about six calls ( total of probably 3 hours) with PayPal having to explain it in detail every time and have gotten transfered from dept to dept and essentialky got nowhere. The last resort I am told is .. give it 72 hours and it should go away ...pretty much the standard answer. I escalated this to supervisors on the phone who assured me that someone would get back to me. No one ever has. Each time I call again I'm starting over from scratch and there's no notes in my profile what's going on or no record that anyone has escalated it. So frustrating@ If anyone has come up with a resolution I'd love to hear how they were able to solve it. Two notes which may or may not have relevance: 1) I did try to confirm this account using the app and not the website. I don't know if that would have any bearing on this error. 2) the bank account I am trying to properly link is not one of the main five banks in Canada yet that bank does acknowkedge the same process of linking PayPal so they are aware that it should be linkable.
Login to Me Too

HoovicHoo90
Contributor
Contributor

Tried everything to get this to work. But I think this "Mandate error"  was because I used the App not the web site when I linked the account. Final symptom I have is despite the fact I can Pay online on e-Bay with PayPal using this account, I am able to send funds from PayPal to this account just fine, I cannot pull from this bank account into PayPal because of this glitch..
Hence, I tried linking this account to my wife's PayPal account and it confirmed just fine but I used the web interface not the App. All functionality is there so I know the bank account is not the problem.

So my I believe my initial confirmation got and still is is corrupted because the App (not the Web site) seems to be hung up on "accepting mandate's".

If I "remove bank" or ask PayPal to do it from their help desk, at a higher level, when I go to re-link the bank account (after waiting a couple of days) , the process of asking for micro deposits does not start over so the account still confirms immediately and the mandate issue remains.

I need to get this account completely cleared out and start a completely new “fresh” linking and confirmation for this bank account like I did when I added it to my wife’s PayPal account.

So my final question (sorry for the long intro) is: How do I get PayPal to completely remove reference in their database of my linked bank account in my PayPal profile?  This “soft” “remove bank” approach on my end and their “more rigorous” removal of the account on their end does not work.

Login to Me Too

HoovicHoo141
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue (also using Wise ..formerly TransferWise) and went through hours of calls with PayPal and all failed to resolve this. It was soo.. frustrating and getting ne nowhere!

I can confirm that the issue I had, which appears identical to yours, stems from using the PayPal App (I use Android)  to link the bank account and not the Web site. Also the "Mandate ...Accepted"  field on the app only show up on Canadian accounts not on USA accounts if you click on the account within Wallet in the App.

In my case, my Cans $ Wise Account showed "Confirmed" and I could send money from PayPal to bank account, but not add to PayPal balance from that bank account. NOTE: I could make payments on e-Bay  using the same bank account though.

The "accept mandate" issue / glitch showing up in the App under Wallet (i.e. where you see a list of all linked banks and Cards) , seems to prevent proper confirmation of the account in two directions.

To verify my assumptions, I linked that same account to my wife's PayPal using the web interface and it worked fine. I since deleted that link.

My solution.....

I opened a new PayPal account, linked it on the web and it appears to be working fine.

Now, I am in the process of removing all linked cards and accounts on my old PayPal account and linking them to my new PayPal account and eventually removing the old PayPal account (after all balances and transactions are cleared of course).  Hopefully the rest of the cards and banks accounts will link up easily with the new PayPal account so close in time to removing them from my the old account. "Fingers  crossed"  but I expect it will work fine since it worked for this account with the "Accept Mandate" error.

Login to Me Too

tayaudrianna
New Community Member

same issue, also Canadian. 
My bank account is confirmed and I have successfully been able to purchase with my bank through paypal without issue, however there is quite a delay. and I can't make multiple purchases - I have reason to believe this "accept Mandate" error is preventing me from being able to complete more than one transaction a day (cant complete new transaction until the previous transaction processes in my bank account) - even though my account is confirmed and should have no limit on it. 
Tried checking my emails - no mandate notice
tried checking with my bank - no error or notifications regarding paypal
tried looking on desktop paypal website - the accept mandate error doesn't even show up. 
It's only on my mobile app wallet where I see this error , with no way to clear it or look into further. 

Login to Me Too

catfluff
New Community Member

This is a perfect description of my issue as well. I've sent a request for help but haven't heard anything yet.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.