retry payment

JessChap
Contributor
Contributor

How many times does paypal retry a payment that has failed for NSF in attached bank account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Harley125
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @JessChap

Thanks for joining the Community! 

We’ll send you an email to let you know that the bank account you used for your Instant Transfer has insufficient funds.

We’ll make a second attempt to request funds from your bank account. If funds still aren’t available, we’ll charge your backup funding source.

• PayPal doesn’t charge a fee for insufficient funds, but your bank might.
  • We can’t refund bank fees for insufficient funds.

I hope this helps! 

- Harley

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

JessChap
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks but does PayPal continue to retry the payment every billing cycle if they haven’t received it yet?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @JessChap

Thank you for your reply. PayPal will not make any further attempts beyond the ones described in the above post, unless you try to send money and your balance is negative, at which point, the negative balance will be attempted along with the amount of the new payment.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.