How to cancel a subscription and refund

Babypuppy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I subscribed to CCleaner last year, to be honest I was unaware that I had given permission for an automatic renewal, I have been getting emails stating that my service was up for renewal and was about to run out, As I do not want it any more I have ignored the pop ups asking me to renew, I have just been charged £49.99 for a year, so not only did I not want to renew, the service has gone up £10 from last year with nothing to tell me the service has gone up in price, As I do not want it can I get a refund especially since the renewal price is higher than last year and they have not notified me, surely with automatic payments I should have received an email stating that I would be charged automatically, and since I do not wish to use it can I get a refund and how, 

Thank you for   

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Babypuppy 

You’ll have to contact the merchant about a refund and/or adhere to their cancelation/refund policy. PayPal doesn’t cover buyer’s remorse. It’s your fault that you didn’t cancel before service renewed.

To cancel the future automatic payments with the merchant, go to Settings > Payments > Manage Automatic payments > Click Merchant name > Click Cancel.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Temp20230618a
New Community Member

What is the merchant name is not listed?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Temp20230618a,

Thank you for your post! Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty cancelling a subscription.

If the merchant is operating under a different name than the one by which you know them, you may be able to discern which one it is by checking your payment history and finding the payment made at the time of the initiation of the subscription. If there are no indications of a subscription or automatic payment listed, then it's probable that your subscription is being paid for outside of your PayPal account, perhaps with a credit card on file directly with the merchant. If that is the case, you would have to cancel directly with them.

I hope this is helpful to you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.