Where is my refund?

justhigh
Contributor
Contributor

So on the 16th of march I received a refund. I even got the email stating that the refund will go to my bank account and if that doesn't work it will go to my PayPal balance. after almost 1 month I still see the refund nowhere. Does this have a specific reason? And how long will this take?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kiran55
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @justhigh,

Thank you for posting in PayPal Community.

I understand that you are concerned about your refund. It generally takes 7 business days  for any refunds to get process. If you have paid with a credit card, the refund is sent directly to the same card. It will appear on your bank account statement within 30 days, depending on your card issuer. For more information, contact them directly. Please go through the link  to get more details about the refunds processing time.

I hope this information helps. 

Kiran

Login to Me Too

bkspc
Contributor
Contributor

@kiran55 

I'm on the same situation. It's been over a month now. The refund was issued on 11th March.

I've already contact my card issuer and they can't track my refunds. I will have to open a dispute and then they'll investigate.

Unfortunately we can't talk to anyone on the phone on PayPal. Automated service sometimes doesn't work. 

Anything that you can add so I can find out why I still haven't received the funds?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Boalajoko94
New Community Member
Same here the refund was issued march 14 and till now i can see the money on my debit card, what can I do please help!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@bkspc,

PayPal can open a trace for the missing refund. They will need to escalate this internally if the refund is missing for more than 30 days. The only thing PayPal will do is get a tracing code so you can give it to your bank, then your bank will be able to check their system with this code. 

-Tommy 

Login to Me Too

bkspc
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Tommy ,

Thank you for your reply. 

I forgot to mention that the original purchase was made in Jan/2020 and the debit card is expired and it's been replaced.

So it would be really helpful to have this tracing codes so my bank could locate these refunds. 

How do I get these tracing codes? Could you please let me know how to proceed?

Thanks.

bkspc

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @bkspc@justhigh,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent refund. I can certainly understand how frustrating this situation may be. I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams to assist a bit further with a trace. They can be reached by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page, through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

Good luck with this and future transactions, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

bkspc
Contributor
Contributor

HI @PayPal_JonK@PayPal_Tommy @kiran55 

Thank you for you reply and suggestion.

Unfortunately I'm not in any kind of social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc).

Is there any other way of contacting the customer service?

Login to Me Too

justhigh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_JonK  

Thanks for the fast reply.

I am trying to contact customer support but the problem is i can't reach them in my timezone. "They are not available at the moment" is the only thing i get when trying to get in contact. Do you have any alternatives?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jackie

Hello @justhigh

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community. I'm sorry to hear that you’re having trouble getting in touch with us. Have you tried to reach out by phone and chat through our site? If you have not tried through chat, I recommend trying this option. You can chat with our Customer Service at the bottom of any PayPal page by clicking “Help & Contact”. Be sure to follow the prompts that best describe your inquiry to be sure you get to the correct team for assistance. If you continue to receive this error, you can also chat with us on Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you for your time and I hope that you have a good day!

-Jackie
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving it a kudos.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.