Multiple staffers have access to account. Use paypal as my bank?

OysterMug
Contributor
Contributor

I just created a business account, which multiple admins will have access to.

Is there a way to use PayPal as my bank to send/receive funds instead of linking it to a company bank account?

ADDENDUM: Also, if another manager logs into the shared account, is there a way to hide my personal info from them?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @OysterMug. Thanks for taking the time to add your concerns here on the PayPal Community Forum. I will do my best to answer your questions.

I'm not sure how you're using the word "bank" in this context, but the functions of sending and receiving payments are not similar to the way a bank works. Linking financial information to a PayPal account (whether that's a bank or card) is necessary to be able to send payments. Even if the account balance is funded by received payments, financial information still needs to be added to satisfy PayPal security requirements and compliance obligations.

You may add up to 200 user accounts to your PayPal Business account that allows other users to access the account through their own login information. This allows you to keep control of your (primary) login information, and it allows you to control the functions/features each user has access to. Please see https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-users-to-my-paypal-account-faq1605 for more information on that topic.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

OysterMug
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I (and 2 others in different countries) are developing a website and want to include a "fund-raiser" page so members can help pay for hosting.

But none of us wish to use our personal private bank accounts, and setting up a bank account for such a small task seems like more trouble than it's worth.

I know that when I receive a payment for a sale on eBay, that payment stays in/on PayPal until the funds are transferred to my bank. And if I make a purchase before then, the funds are taken directly from my PP balance first, so obviously there is a way to send/receive funds w/o a bank. We are hoping that we could eschew the "Bank Account" and simply make payments to/from PayPal?

Is that possible? We don't need anything more than that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.