I want to sell some stuff I advertise on Facebook pages

CheckSix1
Contributor
Contributor

I want to sell some stuff I advertise on Facebook pages (models and DVD's etc). I just set up a "seller's Profile". How can I alert the prospective customer to pay to my Paypal account? Where can I find my "seller's Profile" details so I can pass it on to them? I checked through Paypal, and it seems the customer only needs to know my email address or phone number (I don't want to give out my phone number!). So, I say "I want to sell XXX!" Someone answers, and wants to purchase for my advertised price. Do we then go to private messages, I give him my email address, he sends me the money to my Paypal account, I check it's there, then post the goods to the address he gives me. Is that it? Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CheckSix1 

Yes, that’s pretty much how it works if you want to give out your email address to accept payment, and only ship to the address in the transaction details. If the buyer comes at you about shipping to a different address after payment, it’s recommended to issue a refund and have customer pay again with correct shipping address.

Or share your seller profile link on social media from your Seller Profile Dashboard or from the request page to get paid. Once you click the ‘Share’ icon, you’ll be able to decide where and how you’d like to share your link. You can access your seller profile on your Settings page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CheckSix1 

Read this:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-a-seller-profile-and-how-do-i-sign-up-faq4586

And until you can set up the seller profile, you’ll have to send out a PayPal invoice or make a buy now hosted button link after communicating with your buyer to ensure your payments are goods and services. Then check for the payment in your account and post the goods only to the address on the payment details.

Login to Me Too

CheckSix1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but like I said, I already just made up my profile. I just need to know the process from that point on. I go to Facebook Model selling page, advertise a model for $XXX. Customer answers, says it's a good deal, wants to buy at my advertised price. Do I then private message him/her, tell them my email address, then they log into their PayPal account, send me $XXX to MY Paypal account, I check the money came through, and then post the goods to the address he gave me? Is that a description of how it works?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CheckSix1 

Yes, that’s pretty much how it works if you want to give out your email address to accept payment, and only ship to the address in the transaction details. If the buyer comes at you about shipping to a different address after payment, it’s recommended to issue a refund and have customer pay again with correct shipping address.

Or share your seller profile link on social media from your Seller Profile Dashboard or from the request page to get paid. Once you click the ‘Share’ icon, you’ll be able to decide where and how you’d like to share your link. You can access your seller profile on your Settings page.

Login to Me Too

CheckSix1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I have a BUNCH of models to sell. If I supply a list of the products and their prices, does my Paypal account just receive $XXX dollars, or does it tell me I received $XXX from "John [Removed]"? If I'm selling multiple items, I would have to do it one at a time to ensure that this particular customer paid me $XXX and wants it posted to 1 Smith St, and that customer paid me $ZZZ and wants it sent to 1 Jones St. (Sorry for the noob questions, once I conduct one transaction, I think I'll get the hang of it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.