Trying to use Sell on Social for my facebook business page, it says "user opted out of platform"

TristarBetta
New Community Member

I was trying to utilize paypal's "sell on social" tool. I created a listing, and clicked on facebook to get the link. I am logged in to my facebook business page. I get a pop up window with an error reading, "User opted out of platform: The action attempted is disallowed, because the user has opted out of Facebook platform." What does this mean, and how do I fix it? I tried google searching it, and the only results I found, the steps don't work for a business profile, the settings they point to don't exist. I tried adding PayPal as a payment option in my business options, but that made no difference. I'm hoping someone has a solution that can help me. TIA

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @TristarBetta,

Welcome to our community help forum and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with our new tool. "Sell on Social" lets casual sellers create ready-to-use product links and start selling and getting paid easily on social media. Here’s how to set up a "Sell on Social" link for your product:

Click Pay & Get Paid at the top of the page.
Select PayPal Buttons.
Click Sell on Social.
Click Add product.
Add an image, fill out the product details and click Create.
Click the Facebook icon to post your product on Facebook or click Get link and share it on any social media platform or by email/ SMS.

You can also reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page for any additional assistance.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.