I sent the wrong person money

Matthew11111
Contributor
Contributor

Sent money to the wrong person!!! WHAT CAN I DO? NO RESPONSE FROM THE GUY I SENT THE 200$

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Matthew11111 

ok then unfortunately there is no buyer protection for friends/family payments so if the person you sent it to won't refund the funds there is not a lot you can do about it BUT try >>>>

1. Contact customer services and see if they will reach out to the recipient and ask them to refund. If the recipient refuses then Paypal can't force them to do so as it was a 'gift' of money.

2. Speak to your debit card issuer and see if they will initiate a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Matthew11111 

Would help if you said which option you used to send the money and how you funded the paypal payment?

Also what is it saying next to the transaction in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Matthew11111
Contributor
Contributor
I sent the money by frie8or family with debit card and it's saying the transaction is complete
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Matthew11111 

ok then unfortunately there is no buyer protection for friends/family payments so if the person you sent it to won't refund the funds there is not a lot you can do about it BUT try >>>>

1. Contact customer services and see if they will reach out to the recipient and ask them to refund. If the recipient refuses then Paypal can't force them to do so as it was a 'gift' of money.

2. Speak to your debit card issuer and see if they will initiate a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.