Refund and scamming post

KaitoAM
New Community Member

Hello, I have contacted a person to trade me something (ingame) and I should receive the item when he see that I transferred the money to him but the question is do I have the rights to refund the money that I paid to him if he scammed me or didn't give me the item ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

KaitoAM
New Community Member

Someone reply please 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @KaitoAM

Welcome! Thanks for joining PayPal's Community Forum. I can certainly understand why you'd want to check if this kind of transaction would be covered under PayPal's Purchase Protection. There are a few factors to be taken into consideration when seeing if a transaction would be covered. First and foremost, make sure you're sending the payment as Goods and Services, not Friends and Family, otherwise the transaction isn't covered. Next, you'll want to check our Purchase Protection guidelines to see if what you're purchasing is something we would cover as well.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.