fraud

aviation1
Contributor
Contributor

Why do PayPal never help with obvious fraud transactions? Is this usual for others?

The transaction was made in another country by a person with a different name.

There was no message to my phone with security code, as requested on transactions.

It was at 26 March 2024 at 01:35:28 while I was asleep!

My dispute was not even looked at.

Furthermore, it was taken from a card that is not used but in emergencies (as you can see from transaction history).

The first card had failed before trying this card. After the merchant gave me access to the 2nd account in my name, it was obviously fraud!! I have provided all this information to the merchant & they will now not respond. Who or what 47-year-old would buy a £219+ game for his mobile phone unless it was fraud?

Messaged PayPal more than 10 times to try to resolve & they said "As much I'd like to help you with this transaction James, the best option for this is contact your bank and they can help you file a dispute for this transaction. I appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank you for reaching out. You may close the conversation when you are ready".

PayPal has become very bad at looking after their customers.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.