Unauthorized payment to Meta Platforms (Facebook ireland) and Paypal denied dispute

tanvincent87
Contributor
Contributor

SSo today suddenly I had two unauthorized automatic payments to Meta Platforms INC (email says Facebook ireland???) amounting to $354.72! I checked my Facebook account and there were NO activities logged.

It's no small sum and when I raised a dispute to PAYPAL, PAYPAL denied the dispute and deemed it legit (within an hour). Help! how can I resolve this???

Login to Me Too
71 REPLIES 71

akumar007

meta charge me £4 two days ago, i just closed the Facebook account along with all ad accounts. i think it is not paypal that scamming us, it is facebook that scamming us. otherwise think about this every one get the same issue, first facebook account gets hacked then the hacker start the ads, nothing else just ad at random site. 

Facebook meta try to **bleep** us, im going to complain about facebook.

Login to Me Too

KezzieLou
Contributor
Contributor
LISTEN UP! I sent a message to Facebook regarding Metapay taking money from all of us through PayPal! I hope they contact me back. I informed them there are hundreds of us this has happened to and PayPal refuses to refund our losses.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.