New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Pay, shop, and do even more on the PayPal appGet the App
Did you open a paypal dispute and go through that process first?
Yes I was... On Facebook I purchased three Tyrannosaurus Rex Garden Gnome statues. I got some other funky dinosaurs. And yes, they are glad to refund me when I return the statues... THey weren't shipped from China. THey were shipped in the US. These guys are making out like bandits and we are paying for it... This is fraud pure and simple. Did you buy yours off of Facebook? I am going to complain there as well. Paypal does NOT have my back.
You are correct, Paypal does not have your back, thats because Paypals customers are both buyers AND sellers.
So they give 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection but its up to us to risk assess our own transactions.
The best thing is to not buy from these scammers in the first place, to recognise them -
1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.
As for returns >>>
Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.
Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.
I want to report to Facebook too. I bought mine through the Facebook Marketplace. Can you tell me how to file a complaint with them? I don't want these people to continue to do false advertisement. They should not be allowed on these platforms anymore.
I think they are doing business under a new name so I just gave it angry face, and said it was a scam
©1999-2023 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.