Anyone else scammed Giske Network Technology LLC

EekaLJ
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased from this company & was given a fake tracking number. After I started a dispute they finally shipped my product. It was nothing like the description or picture. They offered a full refund it I return the item to ship it back to China it will cost me over 70.00 & the original item was 45.00 with shipping! I’ve been scammed! I’m really tired of these vendors!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone! Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. Thank you @kernowlass for your assistance and expertise so far on this thread. Your input is greatly appreciated. 

@Cjack123, @royaljewel55, and everyone, I'm sorry to hear you've run into a fraudulent seller. Like @kernowlass stated in their above posts, the best way to combat this kind of activity is to research who you're buying from before you complete your purchase. 

If the tracking number you've received is not legitimate but still shows delivered, the best course of action is getting proof from the shipping company it was not delivered to your address. They may not be able to state exactly where it was delivered, but that's OK. Our Resolution Teams just need to know it was not delivered to the address you provided in the transaction details. Once you have that documentation, please reach back out to our Customer Support to see what options are available. 

If the item you've received is not what it should be, normally the best option is to ship it back to the merchant once prompted by our Resolution Teams through the dispute process. Once tracking shows the item has been delivered to the address provided to you in the case details, you should normally receive your refund as soon as possible.

If you need to, you can reach our Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.  They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and good luck on your case, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EekaLJ 

Did you open a paypal dispute and go through that process first?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EekaLJ
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I did and that was their response that I could return the item for over $70
Login to Me Too

JillyD123
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I was... On Facebook I purchased three Tyrannosaurus Rex Garden Gnome statues.  I got some other funky dinosaurs.  And yes, they are glad to refund me when I return the statues... THey weren't shipped from China.  THey were shipped in the US.  These guys are making out like bandits and we are paying for it... This is fraud pure and simple.  Did you buy yours off of Facebook?  I am going to complain there as well.  Paypal does NOT have my back.  

Login to Me Too

EekaLJ
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I bought my item on Facebook. PayPal said they may be able to give me 30.00 refund on the shipping… the shipping is 72.00 why should I pay 42.00 for shipping when my entire order was 43.00!!???
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EekaLJ 

@JillyD123 

You are correct, Paypal does not have your back, thats because Paypals customers are both buyers AND sellers.

So they give 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection but its up to us to risk assess our own transactions.

The best thing is to not buy from these scammers in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

As for returns >>>

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maridag
Contributor
Contributor
How do we know it’s from China. I don’t remember what I tried to buy.
Login to Me Too

blankapin
Contributor
Contributor

I want to report to Facebook too. I bought mine through the Facebook Marketplace.  Can you tell me how to file a complaint with them?  I don't want these people to continue to do false advertisement.  They should not be allowed on these platforms anymore.

Login to Me Too

tess1216
Contributor
Contributor

I think they are doing business under a new name so I just gave it angry face, and said it was a scam

Login to Me Too

theknitter
New Community Member

I got the same response from PP regarding something I purchased that didn't work. It was shipped to me from California but when I wanted to return the item the company said I needed to send it back to China - COST - $75 for a $99 item. Using PP is not like using a standard Visa or MC - they really don't help you out. This was two years ago. 

When I purchased from Giske (another stupid move on my part 'cause I didn't know where it was coming from) I knew it would do me no good to contact PP. Tried to work with the company but they told me the sizing was correct (it was not) and they sent the correct item - it was a cheap piece of crap! After waiting 8 weeks for the items and a few more arguing with the company they agreed to refund a whopping $7.00.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.