Unauthorized Transaction with my.com b.v.

ryoujies
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to buyer protection, or whatever protection Paypal seems to boast about? The coverage is close to none!

I woke up this morning getting a text from Paypal regarding a login code. Mind you I was sleeping, so why would I be getting asked to verify a log in an hour prior to me waking up? I immediately started freaking out and logging into my account in hopes they weren’t able to go through but of course, to my surprise, there’s a charge of $75 USD out of my account from some website I never even heard of my entire life! The merchant is my.com B.V. I immediately went ahead to file a dispute and reported the transaction as unauthorized. Paypal said it would take 10 days to review the case but as per usual, they got back to me within an hour or so closing the case and saying that I authorized a transaction for a site I don’t even know existed, greatIt’s almost as if the fraud or dispute department never looks into cased AT ALL. This is the second time I’ve gotten hacked and Paypal telling me it’s my fault and I just gotta accept it.

I’ve been trying to escalate it to a claim but there’s no option for me to in the resolution centre. I’ll hopefully call Paypal sometime this week, since I’m busy. I know $75 USD (approx. $100 CAD) doesn’t sound a lot to some, but as a student it’s a ridiculous amount. I’m losing hope since some people on here have brought up the same issue and Paypal did the same thing by closing down their cases, with the SAME merchant.

I’ve contacted my bank regarding this matter and opened up a dispute. Paypal doesn’t seem to care about its users and I feel so unsafe using this platform now. Looking to permanently shut my account down once I get to the bottom of this 😕 I’d appreciate any insight or advice from anyone who’s experienced the same issue, as this is just flat out ridiculous. It makes so sense that Paypal reimburses people who take advantage of buyer protection, buyers who scam businesses, yet serious issues like this seem to get overlooked…

Login to Me Too
160 REPLIES 160

naesjr

Same here. The first one was started at 3:38am when I obviously would not be up...what is this about Paypal?

Login to Me Too

VecPrime
Contributor
Contributor

did you get refunded? I sent 3 emails and all have been denied saying I did the transaction. 

Login to Me Too

robomole
New Community Member

Just happened to me too.  Hopefully PayPal makes it right.  I wish I linked this thread.

Login to Me Too

alxkos
Contributor
Contributor

I got 6 month payments for total 85$

Opened a case and got this "nice" answer:

Thank you for reporting this case. After our review, we found that certain transactions weren't unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection.

What shall I do now?!

I use PP for years. Is it the time to forget about it?!

Please tell me whats wrong.

I dont know this service (its some game website) and i'm not playing. at all!

my.com payment.PNG

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alxkos 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alxkos
Contributor
Contributor

You mean automatic payments

I deactivated it. But this dosnt help. What about prev payments? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alxkos 

Well as at some point you agreed to the subscription albeit unknowingly then they would have been authorised and so not covered by buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alxkos
Contributor
Contributor

but i did not! thats the point!

i dont know the site, not playing games... 

how can i check when and from where this authorization was made? 

Login to Me Too

Temp20220827C
Contributor
Contributor

yeah i just got auto payments for this site .So far got 12.85 returned from paypal .Outo payments pending cancelled. Took my card off paypal for a while and took took the rest of what was in my account out see what happens from here .

Login to Me Too

valeriev5
New Community Member

hi! I have a question ... did you pay donation via any links from youtube channels for example?
I have the same problem.. but I have concerns regarding donations.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.