UAB kilo grupe -- unauthorized charge but resolution center denied

abstafford
Contributor
Contributor

First post here so please be gentle.

Last October I cancelled my account with this company (app called <Removed>') and received a partial refund of their annual $66 charge.  The vendor said they cancelled my account, but charged me again on 1/14/2021.  I had no idea that there was anything I needed to cancel on PayPal, so I filed a dispute.  THEN I realized that there is a whole list of 'authorizations' that stay open unless you deactivate!  This was unknown to me for ? reason but now I need my $$ back.  Of course the vendor won't respond to repeated emails.  This unauthorized 'authorization' has since been deleted but how can I get my money back?  I tried to open another dispute but the system won't let me, just shows the results of the first one.   Any advice?

Login to Me Too
257 REPLIES 257

Margit5
Contributor
Contributor
Great idea
Login to Me Too

pegsaund
Contributor
Contributor

yes just happen to me !!!! We need to do something about paypal!!

Login to Me Too

chelly102090
Contributor
Contributor

Same has happened to me. Except I will definitely cancel my PayPal if they are going to refund my money.

Login to Me Too

Mike454
I got hit this morning for 39.99. Anyone get a refund yet?
Login to Me Too

pegsaund
Contributor
Contributor

no denied refund by palpay!

Login to Me Too

Mike454
They bypassed my 2 factor authentication to make the charge. This is a security issue with paypal If they dont address it, go make a complaint to the SEC.
Login to Me Too

woodduck84
Contributor
Contributor

I had 3 monthly charges from the same people for $29.99. I didn't think much of it until the third month, assuming it was something my wife had purchased. I was wrong. She said she had done some searching about intermittent fasting but did not in any way sign up for a program or authorize payments from pay pal. I filed a dispute with paypal but they denied it and gave evidence of an account number provided by UAB kilo grupe. They did cancel any further charges from them. I used the address from their paypal charge email, which apparently paypal will not allow me to list,  but starts with hello and then the at sign then kilo.health to contact them. It took a few days but they eventually answered me. I accused them of fraudulently signing me up for their service and charging my paypal account. After exchanging a few emails, they refunded one month's fee. I kept hounding them requesting visual evidence that I had signed up for their service and authorized charges to pay pal. 

In the meantime after doing some research I found emails in my spam folder from " Christine " sent from Latvia about intermittent fasting. Apparently this is the service they provide. After several more emails, repeatedly asking for evidence that I had a contract with them, they refunded the other 2 months. A lot of time spent, but finally got my money back, no thanks to paypal. They should stop doing business with these people immediately. They are obviously hacking peoples accounts and paypal is happy to give them the money as long as they provide a phony account number. 

Login to Me Too

SuzE58
Contributor
Contributor

I agree totally about PayPal not doing business with companies that take advantage of a service that they're not providing. I will continue to e-mail them until my refund comes through.. I did get an answer within 48 hours from 2 different people. I also went into my PayPal account and listed them on an inactive listing.. when I was doing this I notices there were companies that I had a one time purchase with also still active so I put them on the inactive list also. By doing this PayPal won't automatically let the charge go through supposedly. We will see. I also changed my PayPal password and my way of payment.  

Login to Me Too

SuzE58
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all there is hope!!! I just now received an e-mail from PayPal.. they are refunding my $66.00 dollar charge!!!! I figured I'd be fighting this for months.. but all it took was an e-mail to PayPal and 3 e-mails to the company Kilo something or another.. since I can't list it here.. so we will see when it gets deposited back into my checking account.. Keep up the harassment it pays off... I sent e-mails 3 days in a row. If they didn't answer I sent another one. 

Login to Me Too

SuzE58
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to let you know that I did get my refund credited back to my account this morning. It references PayPal as the depositor. I found out about this on Monday the 14th. I emailed both PayPal and Klinio the company that debited my checking account. PayPal of course said there wasn't anything they could do. A fellow community member told me how to go into my PayPal account and put Klinio on my Inactive list so they can't keep charging me. I did that. In the mean time I kept sending e-mails to Klinio asking them to cancel my so-called subscription and if they didn't I was turning them in as a fraudulent company..I sent an e-mail a day until I got a response.. within a few hours I got e-mails from 2 different people. Yesterday I received e-mails from both PayPal and Klinio telling me that I would be getting a refund within 5 to 15 days. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.