UAB kilo grupe -- unauthorized charge but resolution center denied

abstafford
Contributor
Contributor

First post here so please be gentle.

Last October I cancelled my account with this company (app called <Removed>') and received a partial refund of their annual $66 charge.  The vendor said they cancelled my account, but charged me again on 1/14/2021.  I had no idea that there was anything I needed to cancel on PayPal, so I filed a dispute.  THEN I realized that there is a whole list of 'authorizations' that stay open unless you deactivate!  This was unknown to me for ? reason but now I need my $$ back.  Of course the vendor won't respond to repeated emails.  This unauthorized 'authorization' has since been deleted but how can I get my money back?  I tried to open another dispute but the system won't let me, just shows the results of the first one.   Any advice?

Login to Me Too
257 REPLIES 257

LisyLouLa2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but I have tried to do that.  It won't cancel.  Didn't think that would happen EVER so will think twice before paying with Paypal in future. 

Login to Me Too

kilo_help
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there! My name is Juste and I am a Community Manager here at Kilo.Health. I’m sorry to hear about the troubles you faced.

Kilo Health is one of the leading digital health and wellness companies globally accelerating startups in the digital health industry. We have multiple business units that run on our platform rather independently. 

We would love to check what happened in your case and if it was caused by these business units help you connect with them and get this solved quicker. Could you please reach out to us using the email address of <Removed>? Our support team will be glad to help you further

Best,

Juste from Kilo.Health

Login to Me Too

giulia562
Contributor
Contributor

This is a swindle Application, and I ran into the same problem.  They fraudulently applied a charge without notifying you that they are charging you.  I called the customer service number and requested to cancel the account and a full refund as I did not authorize a subscription.  This company not only did not cancel my account, but they also kept the credit card active on the account without my knowledge.  I NEVER used any services, and I did not realize until a year later (March 18, 2022) when they debited $66.00 that I had an active account! PayPal needs to remove this company from authorized use, as they are committing consumer fraud. This is very illegal.  Beware they are fraudulently collecting user fees without authorization and ignoring requests or making it exceedingly difficult to cancel accounts.  I'm still trying to collect my $66.00 from 2021. It's a nuisance. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@giulia562 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LisaGFl
New Community Member

Finally found contact. Reaching out now. Will see how it goes. Try looking at kilo health in the IG app. Go from there. I did find an email of [removed]

Login to Me Too

LisaGFl
New Community Member
These charges are probably DoFasting or Weight Management or Diabetes App. I just downloaded app and cancelled.I did sign up for a 3 month trial for this but then all kinds of things from this company were charged. I cancelled all of them on Facebook and on the apps. And then screenshot the cancellation each time. I then sent these to the Email address for the company and asked them to make sure any accounts w my emails had been cancelled on all ends.
Login to Me Too

Chyna2013
New Community Member
Kilo research was cancelled, but still take money from my account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chyna2013 

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.