Permanently limited for a single chargeback after thousands of orders

Sleeqnails29
New Community Member

So confused.  I've been using my PayPal account for my e-commerce business for a few years. We have thousands of successful orders delivered and transactions. We had one charge back from someone who was writing in and being abusive. We escalated to PayPal and showed a shipping label and a successful delivery from the tracking we use. We then received notice that we are permanently limited and our balance of $20,000 is being held for 180 days. Has anybody had any experience dealing with something like this? It seems quite drastic to limit us for just a single dispute. 

Is there anyone we can contact to look deeper into this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Sleeqnails29,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that your account has been permanently limited. Handling with limitation can be quite concerning. I recognize the importance of getting this taken care of. The permanent limitation is not a decision made lightly and often involves multiple factors, some of which may not be readily apparent to you. There's always the possibility of error. If you believe that there was a mistake, you can contact Customer Service and request a second look at the basis for the limitation decision and review if there is anything that was missed. If there is a mistake found, it can be corrected. If the decision is upheld, however, there would be no further avenue for appeal, as a permanent limitation is final.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.