Permanently limited account

pavlo3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I need help with my account.

I received a message from PayPal asking me to verify the money I recently received.

I followed the verification steps correctly, but ended up confusing the payment data and sending the wrong data.

A day later, I received a message that my account was permanently restricted.

I'm sure my payment was correct and the sender can prove it.

But my account was restricted because of my mistake.

I contacted PayPal customer support, but the bot only says "no agent available".

What should I do now?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pavlo3 

What was the payment for? Was it to buy goods or a service OR a gift of money?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pavlo3
Contributor
Contributor

It was buy goods or service.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pavlo3 

That would be why you were limited then.

Paypal account holders in the Ukraine can now receive payments with the recent change of policy, but they are restricted to receiving only friends/family payments as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/ua/smarthelp/article/faq4646

You still can't do commercial transactions and receive goods/services payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pavlo3
Contributor
Contributor

Then what should I do now?

I have funds in paypal, then do I have to wait 180 days to get my fund?

And if sender asks dispute, what happens?

Can sender get money back from my permanently limited account if sender asks refund?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pavlo3 

Normally paypal will tell you in the permanent limitation email when you can access your funds again.

As you can't accept goods/services payments then the sender can't file a dispute for that transaction. However if they funded the payment with a credit card then they may be able to do a chargeback OR you may be able to click on the transaction and use the refund option. Failing that contact customer services and see if they will refund the funds for you? You could also appeal to them that you were unaware of the g/s payment rule and see if they will re-instate your account or see if there was another issue that can be resolved?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pavlo3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help.

I tried to contact with support team. But only the bot says that there is no available agent. Is ther any way to contact with human directly?

And among my funds, there is a transaction which sender sent money as friends. this means that this transaction is legal. Then, since this is legal, I think he could get his money back using dispute. Is my thought right? or Can't he ask dispute because he sent money as friends and family?

Lastly, paypal says I can get my fund after 180 days. Do I have to provide data about current transactions at that time? I mean should I keep all data related to all transactions for that time?

And How can I know if the transaction is "family or friends" or "goods and service"?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @pavlo3 

Thanks for responding back! Apologies for the inconvenience! You can review the details of the payments in the activity page of your PayPal account. After 180 days, you’ll be notified via email about the details and the ability to withdraw the balance. As mentioned by @kernowlass, you have to contact the support team to refund these payments. You can find all the available contact options here : How do I contact PayPal customer service? Make sure to contact the team during business hours. 

Thanks for the help here @kernowlass!

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.