Lost a dispute unfairly despite the buyer's own evidence

VincaHome
Contributor
Contributor

I am seriously frustrated with Paypal,

A buyer opened a case with a picture of the received item saying she received "Bird Box" However it is our recycling project that the box we put in the product turns to bird box. the product is in the box. And paypal refunded to the client even though we explained this to them:

"You escalated this issue.
Escalation information
We replied and tried to contact the buyer but couldn't receive a response. The customer also hasn't contacted us before opening a dispute. If she contacted we would inform her about this misunderstanding. We could not understand the reason behind this case. If she means the birdhouse, it's our product packaging. The metal wall art Jordan is inside of the package. If she kindly opened the package she could find the product, Jordan metal art inside. https://www.hoagard.com.au/collections/metal-art/products/jordan-inspired-wall-art This is our product page, On the 4th picture it mentions the product packaging turns into a birdhouse for recycling. This is an unfair dispute, as we successfully deliver the item to the customer and she hasn't contacted us for any information. She apparently misunderstood the product packaging and claimed it was not as described, but if she opened the packaging, she could see the product was there. We would appreciate it if PayPal could fix this dispute as we couldn't reach the customer yet. Kind regards Ella "

after contacting on a chat, a rep understood the issue and opened the case again for review and today's case was resolved buyer's favor again.

So long story short: we have a buyer who sent a picture saying that she didn't receive the product with the product itself. and paypal refunds her.

I already tried chat and opened the case again with no luck. is there any other option? This product was only $110 but being scammed from paypal and the buyer is certainly worth more.

Thanks for your responses.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VincaHome 

Strange because normally the buyer has to return the item back to the seller first before they receive a refund with a paypal dispute.

Are you sure it was not a chargeback done directly via the buyers credit card issuer if they funded their paypal payment that way?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VincaHome
Contributor
Contributor

indeed very strange. no no she opened dispute uploaded the product box's picture and said she didnt receive the item but a bird box, it is even funny 🙂 how can you be this gulliable not open the box. or simply doing it for scam.
Resolution center 3rd time updated now in favor of buyer but one of the rep gave us a credit of $110 just now.

We are happy we got the money back but it is very strange that paypal repaatedly review the case in favor of buyer.

Thanks for your response.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.