LANDBASE TRADING CO. LTD/Justen Trading Co Unlimited

Asouder
Contributor
Contributor

I really don’t understand the point of using paypal if they are not going to protect customers when they are scammed. I bought three shirts from this company, paid for expedited shipping and never received them. I filed a dispute with Paypal but now I am seeing that they scammed numerous other people but PayPal denied their claim. If they deny mine I am closing my account.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

Siouxieq
Contributor
Contributor

This company trades under a range of names. They’ve caught me out twice in recent months.

Companies House show a different address to that on the Facebook adverts, and give addresses for the directors.

I agree that if PayPal are alert to the sheer volume of complaints for non-delivery, or delivery of a wrong or wrongly sized item, they should alert when a member is trying to pay into this company’s bank account(s).

if PayPal don’t help stamp out this dreadful practice of ripping people off, then they should stop advertising themselves as offering buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Siouxieq 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Embers1
Contributor
Contributor
I have also been scammed by this company. I bought a jumpsuit. It’s not jersey material, it’s ridiculously small in size. I sent it back to Hong Kong via a PP dispute to the address they gave me. Whilst waiting for them to receive it my case was automatically closed as they were taking too long to reply. I’ve received the parcel back at my address. So all in all I’ve lost out £45. Lesson learned I guess.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Embers1 

I wouldn't give up, phone customer services, explain you did everything that they asked you to do including sending the item back to the address that they supplied and so was not your fault it did not get back to the seller and so should have your refund.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yeahrite
New Community Member
Yep. Just had the same thing happen to me. Justen Trading a scam, email on the receipt with PayPal is very obviously suspicious. An email address I didn't have access to before the purchase. Tried to send the "seller" an email but of course it bounced back as doesnt exist! PayPal denied my claim. Can't seem to problem solve trying to dispute it on my PayPal account. Have spoken to my bank to get this resolved. PayPal useless , like you say, what's the point using them when they don't protect you ! Won't be using them again.
Login to Me Too

nakowilliams
You are so right because how you call your self a company and don’t want to take the responsibility when we call them give us some excuse. Like oh we can do and think. Or we have cheacks in our system saying have multiple accounts. Like seriously this to me is a scale because no banks going do this to there customers they don’t give a dam about us. Then 95 % of the the time you not talking to some in the states always get route to over sea and they don’t know what the hell they being half of them can not talk English that well. An you got repeat your self to them after you told them first time who you are. That gets on my nerves. Am filing a law suit with fair shake about them because I he documents I pay pal dump **bleep** like claim to saw them. So here is my thing if the dam forms right there in you face then all face and proof I don’t know what kind of company the running but need to be shut down
Login to Me Too

Siempre
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 4 lighted Mandalas from them. What I received was not at all what I ordered. What was advertised were four 30 by 30 by 2 inch Mandala’s . What I received was four 11 inch mandala’s with one damaged. I have contacted the company and they are just ignoring me. I paid $198 for these that were going to be Christmas gifts for my kids I don’t have $198 to blow so I really need my money back or what I thought I was purchasing.
Login to Me Too

LNarvaez
New Community Member
It happened to me and Paypal didn’t protect me. In the meantime, this scam company still stealing money from everyone. And PayPal doesn’t care
Login to Me Too

Siempre
Contributor
Contributor
I escalated the claim with PayPal. I’m hoping and praying I get my money back. I can only imagine how many others were scammed by this business. I’m out almost $200. I’m sorry it happened to you also.
Login to Me Too

KDMS
New Community Member
These people are scammers. I ordered a large yard decoration for $78 ( it was 56 but they took upon themselves to charge for insurance). Instead of the yard decoration, I received a desktop decoration. I filed a complain with Paypal, they want me to return the merchandise to the seller in China, which will cost me another $76, because the seller claimed he will gladly refund my money. But I’d have to pay $76 to receive the $78 reembursement of what I ordered and didn’t re eive. So I’d lose another $76 from postage to China. Everyone should boycot Paypal! They do not stand by the shopper. The enable scammers to rob honest people through their site. Never buy from this company or use Paypal! You will lise your money!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.